last hunting season (nov 15)

lokisbuddy

Last hunting season i decided to take my old xr200r out for a ride because it was getting close to snowing and i wanted one last ride out of her for the year, well I take off and turn down this path in my driveway and hammer it by the time i hit 5th gear i was almost to the end so i start slowing down and right as im about to downshift to 4th i see the tell tale sign of a freshly dug hole in my path well i decided to go left since i was going to fast to stop and then all of a sudden my bike is sliding on its side dragging me under it well half under it, Finally it slams into a tree and i hit my chest on the crossbar.

I laid there for a good ten minutes before i could get the bike up as it was wedged under a branch and i was under it, by the time i limp back pushing my bike my chest is killin me i cant even breath so i just drop my bike on the ground and go inside and lay down....

my dad asked if i was ok i said yes so he said he was going out to deer camp for the night. well i ended up calling him to take me to the e.r. and found out i had 4 broken ribs and had broke my sternum in half

after i healed up i walked to the scene of the crash and noticed what i hit to make me wreck was a shovel. my bike suffered a broken frame, bent crossbar courtesy of my chest and popped front tire and blown out fork seal, i got rid of the bike i swore id never ride another dirt bike, then a week later i got a yz...... but thats a story for another time.

who leaves their shovel in the road where they were dumb enough to dig a hole?? :huh: lol but that sounds like it hurt bud

lol nah wasnt a road my driveway is 1/4 mile long and it borders the train tracks well there is a narrow trail that crosses the tracks to the woods, thats where they dug it......I was not pleased in the slightestbut life goes on....at least that time it did lol :biggrin: