I know this is for banshees but i need some help

jpav161

ok so here goes it. I recently picked up a 04 yfz with a 480 big bore kit and stage 3 hot cams. T guy i bought it from took it to the local dealership to get it jetted, well they put a 172 main in it which was a size bigger than stock. so i get this bike home and attempt to take it out for a ride, i get it into 3rd and punch the throttle and it goes for about 4 seconds then boggs down and dies, so i bring it back to the garage and throw a 200 main in it, it seems to run better now but now im not getting a good fuel flow. If i take the gas line off the carb it will flow smothe, but with the line on it just trickles down, and it takes about 3 min to fill the line up. Ive ripped the carb apart and cleaned everything you could think of. If anyone has any ideas on what this could be i would graetly apprecieate the help, im trying to get out riding tomorow.

Thanks

BTW: i still have the shee,theres no replacing that

How's the float level? May have been tweaked.

Just printed out the repair manual about to go check that, but it seems weird that would cause the fuel just to trickel down the tube, as compaired to when the line is off the carb free flowing,(ive been beating my brains out trying to figure this out since sat around 3 pm)

Generally the fuel will slow through the needle and seat. Have you checked that the needle and seat open and closes freely and isn't blocked? How's the fuel flow on reserve?

needle and seat are good flow is the same on reserve, im tearing the carb apart again right now and double checking things, i just had to run out and borrow a caliper to measure the floats, thank god there are other gear heads awake a 330am, haha

needle and seat are good flow is the same on reserve, im tearing the carb apart again right now and double checking things, i just had to run out and borrow a caliper to measure the floats, thank god there are other gear heads awake a 330am, haha

if i wasn't up here at work right now, i'd been right over to help. i always find myself workin on things till 7am. lemmie know how the riddin @ jim creek is after the warming period. be home 2 wks wed. wanna get back out there, but with a non-froze shock :biggrin: what happened last week?

if i wasn't up here at work right now, i'd been right over to help. i always find myself workin on things till 7am. lemmie know how the riddin @ jim creek is after the warming period. be home 2 wks wed. wanna get back out there, but with a non-froze shock :biggrin: what happened last week?

jack shit id make it like 1/2 mile and the it would shut off , theis fuel prob is driving me crazy, all im doing is ripping the same shit apart over and over again, cahi smoking and slamming full throttles iv been at this for about 30 hrs straight :banghead:

Ok, here's a real long shot but it happened to my dad's ltr. Same simptoms did everything yours is doing and it tunred out that the gas cap vent was blocked. We spent the better part of two days ripping it appart in the dunes just to find out it was that.

Ok, here's a real long shot but it happened to my dad's ltr. Same simptoms did everything yours is doing and it tunred out that the gas cap vent was blocked. We spent the better part of two days ripping it appart in the dunes just to find out it was that.

i just blew some air through the cap vent line after hooking the carb back up and it flows free for now but now im leaking from the bottom line on the bowl, (and yes the screw is tight) but it wouldnt flow before even with the gas cap off it seemed like it was vapro locked

i just blew some air through the cap vent line after hooking the carb back up and it flows free for now but now im leaking from the bottom line on the bowl, (and yes the screw is tight) but it wouldnt flow before even with the gas cap off it seemed like it was vapro locked

does the bowl have that little brass tube sticking up between the floats? if so, the fuel level is too high. it acts like the overflow hole in your bathroom sink and drains to keep it from spillin over through the jetts. make sure you can blow air through the bowl vents. hows the spring in the bowl needle? it should only hold the needle about 2mm from compressed to absorb impact. did the guy have it jetted because of this? did he ride it a while with the mods, and after the jetting?

oh, and whatcha mean jack shit? :blink:

does the bowl have that little brass tube sticking up between the floats? if so, the fuel level is too high. it acts like the overflow hole in your bathroom sink and drains to keep it from spillin over through the jetts. make sure you can blow air through the bowl vents. hows the spring in the bowl needle? it should only hold the needle about 2mm from compressed to absorb impact. did the guy have it jetted because of this? did he ride it a while with the mods, and after the jetting?

oh, and whatcha mean jack shit? :blink:

well i got it runing right and let me tell you that 480 kit is a monster. the guy that had it before me bought it broke and put all the mods on it, never rode it took it to the stealership to get it jetted then sold it to me. And by jack shit i mean i couldent make it out of the main part of jims to get anywhere without shutting down.

BTW: Do you work up on the slope?

well i got it runing right and let me tell you that 480 kit is a monster. the guy that had it before me bought it broke and put all the mods on it, never rode it took it to the stealership to get it jetted then sold it to me. And by jack shit i mean i couldent make it out of the main part of jims to get anywhere without shutting down.

BTW: Do you work up on the slope?

what was the prob?

u mean the parking area past the drag strip? what time? we were parked there, black tahoe on dubs. i barely made it back to fill up, and left the oil in the other tahoe, with my tools and x-over.

i work @ red dog mine, but lookin for a job on the slope.

u know where i can get parts for a 04 650ds baja. need gas tank and cdi/tach. also wiring schematic.

what was the prob?

u mean the parking area past the drag strip? what time? we were parked there, black tahoe on dubs. i barely made it back to fill up, and left the oil in the other tahoe, with my tools and x-over.

i work @ red dog mine, but lookin for a job on the slope.

u know where i can get parts for a 04 650ds baja. need gas tank and cdi/tach. also wiring schematic.

i was down the trail a ways, about 1/4 mile down where that huge lake forms at breakup(by that berm thats on top of the little hill) then i decided to turn around, i had the black z71 on 37's, and ill call some people and see what they have for spare shit