lightened flywheel

jimbob

any one had it done? im thinking of having mine done and would just like som opinions first. ive heard good and bad things about it. good being better quicker more responsive accelleration and bad being loss of momentun or "rolling inertia"

i ride for fun but do like to ride hard mostly trail/moto x. mods are listed in my sig

also thinking of having .030 taken off the stock head. i think cool head would be a bit of over kill here as we dont need to worry about overheating as its usually freezing cold and the shee isnt hammered all the time only really 10-15 minuters bursts

cheers all

any one had it done? im thinking of having mine done and would just like som opinions first. ive heard good and bad things about it. good being better quicker more responsive accelleration and bad being loss of momentun or "rolling inertia"

i ride for fun but do like to ride hard mostly trail/moto x. mods are listed in my sig

also thinking of having .030 taken off the stock head. i think cool head would be a bit of over kill here as we dont need to worry about overheating as its usually freezing cold and the shee isnt hammered all the time only really 10-15 minuters bursts

cheers all

you have the flywheel lightning about right. I have mine done. Shaving the head for compression and advancing your timing about +4-5 degrees are good cheap mods.

Lightened flywheel = Barely noticable, but it is noticable. Lost inertia is not even a concern.

Cutting an OEM head for 92 or 93 Pump octane number fuel (PON) = Defenitely noticable.

See if whoever cuts the flywheel will static balance it also and pay the x-tra $$$ to have the OEM head re-chambered while they are at it. You can't just face .030" off the head and call it good... You will end up with something like .028" squish clearance and your MSV will be through the roof, if the piston doesn't go through it first...