Cylinder setup for a 4 mil stroker crank?

scottd480

Hello all....I've been hanging around this forum for some time, but haven't posted yet. I have just recently gotten back into banshees after doing the four-stroke thing for awhile. I have a 2003 that I am considering installing a 4 mil stroker crank into. After scanning all the threads on here, I see there are two ways to accomplish this. I am wondering which is the best and most reliable way to space the cylinders for piston clearance with this setup...what are the pros and cons of both methods, or does it really make a difference? I have ALL of the external mods implemented on my motor, and now want to take it a step further with the stroker crank. Please help me to accomplish this in the best manner. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch.

run the spacer if you cyls are not ported for a 4mil... if it is ported for a 4mil crank the biulder will have you setup to run domes.. so if you just have porting and throw in a 4mil crank and think well i'll just run domes.. its gonna runlike shit cus your port timings will be off.. 4mil porting.. run domes... no porting or porting not setup for 4mil run spacer..

run the spacer if you cyls are not ported for a 4mil... if it is ported for a 4mil crank the biulder will have you setup to run domes.. so if you just have porting and throw in a 4mil crank and think well i'll just run domes.. its gonna runlike shit cus your port timings will be off.. 4mil porting.. run domes... no porting or porting not setup for 4mil run spacer..

but witch is better ,port to the 4mm or just run the spacer?or dos it not make a diferince. :ermm:

the only way to truely take advantage of a 4mil is to get the cylinders ported. if you try to run a 4mm crank on stock ports with a spacer you will fuck to the port timings. even if you have stroker domes in a cool head and you dont use the spacer plate, but yet have stock port cylinders, youre port timings will still be fucked up.

best bet is to have a builder port the jugs for a 4mill set up and get 795 series pistons. for the head you can get a noss head with cut domes or cut the stock head for a stroker. I had my stock one cut for the stroker, it was like 30 bucks at a machine shop.

I ran a spacer plate in my 4 mill setup then went to a ported setup with no spacer. First it looks better, and no one needs to know whats in there. Second it runs MUCH better. When modding a banshee you can't just slap aftermarket stuff on and expect it all to just work perfect. Keep doing research before making any big moves.