carburetor float

ok so i posted last night but i had another question, when i turn the gas on gas pours out of the over flow tube at the bottom the bowl just keeps filling the bike floods instantly, i think i have some metal from putting the tors eliminator thing on, how do i remove the pin to take the float off, so i can pull the needle out and clean it out really good to make sure nothing got in there either, also would the depth of the needle in the slide would that make the bowl flood and should i drop the needle down some more its on the middle setting there are six thanks guys

to get the pin out to remove the float you can use a small phillips screw driver and something to tap it with and just tap the one end and it should just slid right out. or sometimes you can get away with using just needle nose pliers. and gunk in there would cause it to have gas coming out of the overflow.

ok so i posted last night but i had another question, when i turn the gas on gas pours out of the over flow tube at the bottom the bowl just keeps filling the bike floods instantly, i think i have some metal from putting the tors eliminator thing on, how do i remove the pin to take the float off, so i can pull the needle out and clean it out really good to make sure nothing got in there either, also would the depth of the needle in the slide would that make the bowl flood and should i drop the needle down some more its on the middle setting there are six thanks guys

Get a small punch and a little hammer and just tap on that pin and it will slide right out. No dropping the needle is not going to stop fuel from coming out if it was running fine before leave it were it is.

wow man yall are fast ok im gonna run back outside and try it i didnt wanna bend anything thanks man ill be back in like 20 if it doesnt work thanks!

don't mess with the needle in the slide unless you are adjusting your jetting. do one carb at a time, so you don't mix the bowls. and check the float height, like stated in your other thread. it's measured from the gasket surface to the top of the float. also, the float needle is spring loaded to absorb shock, so make sure the spring part is not stuck

don't mess with the needle in the slide unless you are adjusting your jetting. do one carb at a time, so you don't mix the bowls. and check the float height, like stated in your other thread. it's measured from the gasket surface to the top of the float. also, the float needle is spring loaded to absorb shock, so make sure the spring part is not stuck

ok so I pulled everything apart pulled the pilot out cleaned it pulled thed float out and the brass thing it sits on cleaned it everything seems fine, it still floods there is no way any metal could still be in there I used like a whole bottle of carb cleaner for each ha im going crazy here the slides are all the way down too do I need a new float and what do you mean by float height, im pretty new to this

ok so I pulled everything apart pulled the pilot out cleaned it pulled thed float out and the brass thing it sits on cleaned it everything seems fine, it still floods there is no way any metal could still be in there I used like a whole bottle of carb cleaner for each ha im going crazy here the slides are all the way down too do I need a new float and what do you mean by float height, im pretty new to this

float height is very crucial. 21 mm from the base of the carb with no gasket. you measure to the top of the float with the carb upside down.Hopefully you dont have any shit stuck in the needle valve seat. You'll get it.Just measure carefully and clean thoroughly.

when you hold the carbs upside down, the bottom of th floats (would be top holding upside-down) should be 21mm from the gaskett surface, +/_ 1mm. between 13/16" and 7/8" if they rest lower than that, then they need adjusted. level is too much, and will make it drain through the long hose. also make sure the little diagonal brass tubes in the bowls aren't messed up somehow. they drain the bowl if the fuel gets too high, so the case doesn't fill with fuel. i wish my sled had them when the float needle failed :banghead: or at least a crank drain like polaris has :shoothead:

when you hold the carbs upside down, the bottom of th floats (would be top holding upside-down) should be 21mm from the gaskett surface, +/_ 1mm. between 13/16" and 7/8" if they rest lower than that, then they need adjusted. level is too much, and will make it drain through the long hose. also make sure the little diagonal brass tubes in the bowls aren't messed up somehow. they drain the bowl if the fuel gets too high, so the case doesn't fill with fuel. i wish my sled had them when the float needle failed :banghead: or at least a crank drain like polaris has :shoothead:

so how do I adjust them if they are off?

so how do I adjust them if they are off?

bend the tab that the needle sits against. just a little at a time untill you get it right. i like to use a 1/4" flat head screwdriver, and twist back and forth a little, instead of pry

bend the tab that the needle sits against. just a little at a time untill you get it right. i like to use a 1/4" flat head screwdriver, and twist back and forth a little, instead of pry

so lifting that tab up will lower the float if the carb was upside down and bending it down will raise it?

ok I got another question if it wasn't the float making it flood if the new idle screws from the tors eliminator weren't air tight would that make it the bowl fill up like that?

no, the only thing that could do that is fuel getting past the needle