Over heating Baby

I have a 99 banshee, I ride out at glamis and it has been boiling off coolant. I removed the radiator and made sure it was free flowing, I made sure the pump is good (not missing veins,and is turning). I rode a different banshee and noticed it had a little more torque. Does this mean my clutch is slipping? I hope so because I am having a new one put in as I post this. What else could it be? Please help

Did you try checking to see if it was your impeller blade "Water Pump"? If you have a stock impeller, they sometimes break because they are plastic. I would switch out to a billet one anyways. I don't recommend MODQUAD because of some of the negative reviews. They typically have some burring and don't fit quite plum. Anyways check the water pump to see if any of the impeller blades broke off.

post-30844-1231422686.jpg

Did you try checking to see if it was your impeller blade "Water Pump"? If you have a stock impeller, they sometimes break because they are plastic. I would switch out to a billet one anyways. I don't recommend MODQUAD because of some of the negative reviews. They typically have some burring and don't fit quite plum. Anyways check the water pump to see if any of the impeller blades broke off.

Shit, my bad... You already checked that out. Try draining th coolant and putting it back in...

Please quit yelling. :blink::thanks:

Sometimes the impeller blades comes loose from the shaft. It looks like it's pumping good at idle, because of the friction. But when you rev it up, the shaft may be slipping inside the blades. Kinda hard to explain, but I'm sure you get it.

The only reason I believe it is the clutch because that is what tha Climbers Manual said. I drained and flushed the radiator and I visually checked the impeller. I just looked at the veins while I cranked over the motor (with the crank of course). After reading into some of the other topics I think I might be running lean. If so can anyone give me some good signs and how do I correct. I am trying to do a desert trip on the 16th so I would finally like to go out there with some piece of mind. As for as engine mods go I could be wrong but the guy I bought it from said it was bored over and other than that it has a K&N filter and an after market breather box. It has FMF gold series and an FMF, forgive me if I am calling this the wrong thing, boost bottle (the canister on top of the carbs). Thanks for the help however I already had a new clutch put in, well at least I know that wont be the problem. Thanks Again

The only reason I believe it is the clutch because that is what tha Climbers Manual said. I drained and flushed the radiator and I visually checked the impeller. I just looked at the veins while I cranked over the motor (with the crank of course). After reading into some of the other topics I think I might be running lean. If so can anyone give me some good signs and how do I correct. I am trying to do a desert trip on the 16th so I would finally like to go out there with some piece of mind. As for as engine mods go I could be wrong but the guy I bought it from said it was bored over and other than that it has a K&N filter and an after market breather box. It has FMF gold series and an FMF, forgive me if I am calling this the wrong thing, boost bottle (the canister on top of the carbs). Thanks for the help however I already had a new clutch put in, well at least I know that wont be the problem. Thanks Again

Well first get rid of the boost bottle and track down one of the stock cross over tubes that go where the boost bottle does, anyone on this site will tell you the same. Running lean could very well be your problem. The best way is to do a plug chop... use the search feature to find how to do a plug chop, there's a bunch of posts on it. Check your carb boots and those areas for cracks too.