gas keeps pouring out overflow tubes

just put tors eliminator on everything went smoothe, when I ut the gas on gas pours out of the overflow tubes , it floods instantly, I checked the floats they seem to be fine, any other ideas ?

If it is running out of the overflow tube you have got to have a float stuck or you got something in one of the floats when you drilled the holes for the idle screws. Is it running out of both carbs?

please stick to one post per issue :down:

it confuses the people trying to help more than one person at once.

that being said, if it's flowing out of the overflow, the float needles are not working, period. check your float height, then if the lines are still hooked up, then push the floats up ant turn the fuel on. that will show if a needle is leaking, if the lines are off, blow into the feed tube with the carb upside down. you may have got some junk in there when you put the lines back on, in which case, you should clean out every little passage thouroughly.

If it is running out of the overflow tube you have got to have a float stuck or you got something in one of the floats when you drilled the holes for the idle screws. Is it running out of both carbs?

yeah same on both carbs idk man im running outta patience when I open the bowls up the floats seem perfect idk I guess ill mess with it tomorrow

oh, by the way, i don't think i properly welcomed you.

welcome to the bhq! :beer:

thanks man so how would metal get into the bowl if it was screwed on when we drilled the holes I guess it could have gone in the hole that the needle in the slide goes into? and how would I clean that out?

when you say under the float what do you mean I had the bowl screwed on when I drilled the holes

could'v flew in the feed line, but if you tapped the carbs upside down to get all the junk out of the bor, it could've bent the float adjuster tab and you'll have to re adjust, just take them apart one at a time and clean out everything good and blow them if you have compressed air, and re-adjust the floats. don't forget to sync them after you install them.

float height is 21mm +/- 1mm (7/8")