need some help

studroes

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well idk how much performance difference you will notice since this is the same size as the carb you are running now. i know these carbs were the best investment ive made for my banshee yet. def alot of bang for your buck!! i obviously felt the power increase cuz i went from stock carbs to 38mm's lol but ive been told lectrons produce a little more lowend power than conventional carbs and are about equal on the topend. and once you get the carbs adjusted close for you setup i can tell right away that fine tuning is a breeze!! 10 times easier than messing around with jetting. for 30 bucks id say give it a shot..you wont be disappointed!!

yeah thats one thing i learned fast about these carbs and that is they are awesome cuz you never mess around with any jetting! once you get in the close range with your metering rod it will be simple to fine tune the carb. like dajogejr said, read the links above..they are very interesting and tons of help!!

i think my rod measure out to 52 mm or just lil less but its for a cub. would have to go remeasure them.

basically get it running if it wont idle very long you will need to lengthen the rod. mine are threaded ends so you take pliers and turn them a quarter turn then pick the whole rod and white thing up and turn to where the cut out is facing the back of the carb again.

re start it. if it idles high just by that you went to far.

its a long process but its nice once done.

and will say my bike idles higher than most others cause it was hard to find just a sweet spot. basically i run it where it is rich enough to where it will idle, and it is idling higher than most othere bikes not talking 5000k but its 500-1000 more probably than others. but being rich down low seems to make the bike more responsive.

power jet i have mine at 2 turns out and i know its rich but its cold out and just being safe.

one thing to remember dont over tighten the jet close it will miss your count up when you open them. meaning you think both are 2 turns out but one is actually 1.5 and not pulling same amt of fuel out.

i open them all the way and then turn them till i feel them starting to snug make sure i turned them both the same amt. and thats my closed spot and then reopen them but to whatever.

you will notice you will have to adjust everything when its cold and when its hot. so might write some info down for future reference to help you out like the temps how many turns on the jet, length of the rod for both warm and cold riding.

best of luck.

i just had a possible thought on why mine could seem to be loading up down low..the carbs im running are 38mm. is it possible that those are too big and are drowning the engine? im looking for more on the topend and not so worried about the lowend power cuz we do all pavement and road riding but at the same time i want to be able to get up to powerband fast so the pipes can kick in! if the carbs are too big for the engine would i only be able to tell on lowend? or topend? or is it noticeable throught the entire rpm range?

so from your knowledge of the carbs do you think the metering rod is close to the right size? again im at around 2000ft and i have shearer inframes and clamp on filters..is it possible the the rod is just too rich for the engine down low? once i get it about to the powerband it smooths right out and the power comes on really strong and really fast all the way to the top rpms. if the rod is too rich what sizes would you recommened trying out?

so from your knowledge of the carbs do you think the metering rod is close to the right size? again im at around 2000ft and i have shearer inframes and clamp on filters..is it possible the the rod is just too rich for the engine down low? once i get it about to the powerband it smooths right out and the power comes on really strong and really fast all the way to the top rpms. if the rod is too rich what sizes would you recommened trying out?

You have yet to give me a measurement on your needles. Until you're sure they're set right (no...eyeball isn't gonna do it in this case) you also have not told us how far you've turned them out....

well im still waiting on the digital mic. so far ive adjusted them out 2 1/2 full turns and it hasnt really seemed to affect it too much. if i unthread them all the way will the rods come right out..is that how you change the rods?

Yes...that's how you change them.

I haven't priced any new carbs for gas, so I can't tell you. New, setup by the man (Dennis Packard) they are pricey.

One of the reasons I feel there's not many of them out there.

To be honest, you can keep turning them out...but without a measurement, you're spinning your wheels.

They could be uneven...causing them to be out of sync. They could also be too long...wait for the calipers, measure them up....go from there.