need some help

studroes

alright thanks again ill measure them up as soon as the calipers come in and post back with the info. another question..what is the best way to go about getting a throttle cable for the carbs? i got a stock one on them now and but its an old cable and doesnt pull good and i know people have said that lectrons need there own special cable. does anyone have one of these or where could i get one?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright i got the cailpers today and measured up the rods. when measured 99.82 from the tip of the rod to the top or the slide and the other measured 100.1 now is that gonna be far enough off to throw them out of sync? i just adjusted them to be just about exact just to be sure now but are those numbers within a decent range?

Those are sync'd.

That's about as close as you're gonna get them...

I'd go to about 52mm on them (leaner)...if it still doesn't clean up off the bottom and middle, call Packard and ask him what needles/metering rods he suggests for your setup.

To be 100% honest, I don't know how long the "usable" range is on your particular needle.

I have cnc machined needles by packard, I read to start at 46mm, it was WAY, WAY pig fat, just blowing raw fuel out the tubes...I think they are at 48.5 or 48.6 and it cleaned right up and is crisp.

It's a possibility you have alky needles in there, if you do...no matter what setting you try it's going to be rich.

Packard is the man, but Fast by Gast does Lectrons too.

When i thought about putting my bike on gas for ice racing I want to say Packard said 35 bucks each....

You can ask him what needles you should be running, sometimes you'll see them on ebay....

They are not cheap. But the good part is no jets to buy ever. You can switch the carb from gas to alky with a needle (I know, not what you're asking, just saying) and from gravity to fuel pump with a simple needle and seat change...