NEW or USED banshee?

NOTE: dont be astonished by all the prices mentioned, where i live in my area this is how the quads are priced and sold at.

heya, i current have a blaster, and i put it up for sale locally, with a few add's. its in mint condition and has a couple of mods, so im selling it for $2500. lets say i sell it for that much and get the 2500, now i currently have saved $1600, so that makes $4,100.

i found a couple of adds, for people selling shees, i went to one and did not like it, and im going to another one in 2 days, he has 3 shees, 2 are stock, both 2005 model, and he wants $3300 for it, he claims they are in somewhat decent condition. now, lets say they are running okay, and i see they are pretty good, should i buy it for $3,300? but then im sure it will need a rebuild on top and bottom end, and it might get problems etc. and where i live ( in the middle east) there are not many quad parts sold, and i personally cannot for sure rebuild the bottom end, and dont think the top end either, so "rebuilding" will be hard.

now, heres the catch, whatever i do, i will have to sell the quad after 1 and a half years, when i go to university in the US. so should i just borrow $2000 more and just buy a new one... and have to pay it off?

ok thats my situation, so my main questions are:

-if i go and buy a new shee, for one and a half years, can i just do nothing but change spark plugs and oil, and clean air filters? and all the other small things like lubing chain and WD-40'ing bolts? and maybe once in the middle of the 1 and a half years take it for a full proper service at yamaha?

-if i buy a used shee, it will really need a rebuild.. or wont it? how much will a top and bottom end rebuild cost? and maybe new water coolant since its liquid cooled? and can the yamaha service center do like bottom end rebuilds?

- shall i go for the new or used? ;p

if your only going to have it for a year i would find one that doesnt need a rebuild anytime soon, you should be able to find one cheaper than that. but if you did buy it and run into problems the guys on here can help you through them, banshees are really easy to work on,i rebuilt the entire engine myself when i was 16 years old. i bought mine for $500 blown up needed cylinders and i ran great.

if you go for a new one good luck finding one because they are no longer made, but if you do find one the resale in a year in a half is goin to suck you wont get much for it,

and whats all done to the blaster? i dont know anybody that would buy one for that kinda money, if its stock anyways

if your only going to have it for a year i would find one that doesnt need a rebuild anytime soon, you should be able to find one cheaper than that. but if you did buy it and run into problems the guys on here can help you through them, banshees are really easy to work on,i rebuilt the entire engine myself when i was 16 years old. i bought mine for $500 blown up needed cylinders and i ran great.

if you go for a new one good luck finding one because they are no longer made, but if you do find one the resale in a year in a half is goin to suck you wont get much for it,

and whats all done to the blaster? i dont know anybody that would buy one for that kinda money, if its stock anyways

its got the F7 pipe silencer, V force 3 reeds, jetted, which vents on the air box, and removed the snorkel of course.

new blasters here go for about $3,700. i paid hell lot for the mods, about $700 including shipping, that goes to $4,400, blaster was bought in early 2008, looks mint, runs mint, why wouldnt it sell for $2,500? its just abit more than half...

and they sell 2009 shees where i live, i think they get them from canada or europe, no clue.

Edited by blaster2006

well then you should be able to get that for the blaster, and where do you live? because i thought it was illegal to sell that big of a 2stroke now?

but if you could get one for a good price just buy one new then you will have warranty on it if you dont know how to work on them.

well then you should be able to get that for the blaster, and where do you live? because i thought it was illegal to sell that big of a 2stroke now?

but if you could get one for a good price just buy one new then you will have warranty on it if you dont know how to work on them.

They still make new banshee's you just cant buy them in the us

Wow Travis that sounds exactly like my story except mine wasn't blown up it just wasn't running and now I'm rebuilding it completely.

If it was me and I only had a year and a half and wasn't planning on doing anything to the bike and just had to sell it maybe he should wait and ride his blaster till then. That way he can save the money a little more and maybe buy something else when he comes over for school or even put it towards his school

Edited by 278

Wow Travis that sounds exactly like my story except mine wasn't blown up it just wasn't running and now I'm rebuilding it completely.

If it was me and I only had a year and a half and wasn't planning on doing anything to the bike and just had to sell it maybe he should wait and ride his blaster till then. That way he can save the money a little more and maybe buy something else when he comes over for school or even put it towards his school

rather not, my parents will pay for my education, and give me a decent monthly allowance, and buy me a car, unless i end up somewhere really crowded like New York. but im thinking of maybe also buying a shee.

what i could do is ask my parents to lend me 2k$, and pay them back after i sell it just before i go to uni.

but where to ride would be a problem in the US, here i ride my blaster in "inside roads" not really roads, but cars go on it and there are almost no cops, and there are many like sand pits just when i leave my house, its like a trail, but all sand, and my friend just bought a 150cc 4 poke dinli automatic atv ( lol, i told him to go buy mine but he wanted an auto, and new) and he ddnt listen to me that he would outgrow an automatic. but anyway, im bored of my blaster shitless, really, its bloody slow, i feel at some points im going about 30 mph, and im running on somewhat high rpms on 6th gear.. i need a shee..

Edited by blaster2006

and can somebody answer this question..

-if i go and buy a new shee, for one and a half years, can i just do nothing but change spark plugs and oil, and clean air filters? and all the other small things like lubing chain and WD-40'ing bolts? and maybe once in the middle of the 1 and a half years take it for a full proper service at yamaha? which means not rebuilding it for 1 and a half years, and still running somewhat good so i can sell it and get rid of it :P

Edited by blaster2006

Well heck if the rents are paying for your stuff and you just want to upgrade for now I'd say go ahead and get a shee, but remember you have to sell it so you got to make sure you can get rid of it kind of fast. But as far as working on this, alot of people on here don't know that I'm 16. I dont really care if they know they just never asked, many of these people think that I am old because I do know alot about banshee's now and because of everything I'm doing with mine, so that just shows you that it's not hard and that if you are on this site alot and you read and ask questions, and work on your bike it's amazing how much you can learn. I have also been around the motocross seen and quads, dirtbikes, and snowmachines and working on them since I was little so just to show you it's not hard

Well heck if the rents are paying for your stuff and you just want to upgrade for now I'd say go ahead and get a shee, but remember you have to sell it so you got to make sure you can get rid of it kind of fast. But as far as working on this, alot of people on here don't know that I'm 16. I dont really care if they know they just never asked, many of these people think that I am old because I do know alot about banshee's now and because of everything I'm doing with mine, so that just shows you that it's not hard and that if you are on this site alot and you read and ask questions, and work on your bike it's amazing how much you can learn. I have also been around the motocross seen and quads, dirtbikes, and snowmachines and working on them since I was little so just to show you it's not hard

yes i know, but theres something i just.. i dont know.

for me modding my own blaster, putting in the reeds and re jetting was "hard" for me ( i hate to re jet with that stupid TORS).

the reason why i dont go really deep is because there is wiring, and stuff, i dont want to mess anything up.

i still have a 28 mm carb which i was gonna put on my blaster, but since i had no clue how to re attach the whole bunch of wires and the oil injection to the new carb, i just stopped lol. you could say im just scared to go anywhere too deep.

what i really need is one of you guys to come here and help me out with all that stuff lol. that would be insane :)

i also wish i could grab any of those insanely good deals on banshees there are on ebay, it just annoys me lol. i would have bought them all :). the same shees on ebay i saw would sell for atleast 20% more here, so if somebody can ship em, man it would make tons of money, alot of locals in saudi arabia are dying to get high mods on their quads, but they cant because nobody here sells "toomey pipes" or can port an engine. lol

Edited by blaster2006

NOTE: dont be astonished by all the prices mentioned, where i live in my area this is how the quads are priced and sold at.

heya, i current have a blaster, and i put it up for sale locally, with a few add's. its in mint condition and has a couple of mods, so im selling it for $2500. lets say i sell it for that much and get the 2500, now i currently have saved $1600, so that makes $4,100.

i found a couple of adds, for people selling shees, i went to one and did not like it, and im going to another one in 2 days, he has 3 shees, 2 are stock, both 2005 model, and he wants $3300 for it, he claims they are in somewhat decent condition. now, lets say they are running okay, and i see they are pretty good, should i buy it for $3,300? but then im sure it will need a rebuild on top and bottom end, and it might get problems etc. and where i live ( in the middle east) there are not many quad parts sold, and i personally cannot for sure rebuild the bottom end, and dont think the top end either, so "rebuilding" will be hard.

now, heres the catch, whatever i do, i will have to sell the quad after 1 and a half years, when i go to university in the US. so should i just borrow $2000 more and just buy a new one... and have to pay it off?

ok thats my situation, so my main questions are:

-if i go and buy a new shee, for one and a half years, can i just do nothing but change spark plugs and oil, and clean air filters? and all the other small things like lubing chain and WD-40'ing bolts? and maybe once in the middle of the 1 and a half years take it for a full proper service at yamaha?

-if i buy a used shee, it will really need a rebuild.. or wont it? how much will a top and bottom end rebuild cost? and maybe new water coolant since its liquid cooled? and can the yamaha service center do like bottom end rebuilds?

- shall i go for the new or used? ;p

buy a nice used one w alot of the mods you would have wanted

just go look at the 2 forsale and pick the best one and fix what ever may be wrong with it and deffenetly dont pay 3300 for it thats his asking price u gotta talk him down a little. and unless he has just rode the crap out of them i doubt if u have to do a bottom and topend rebuild at the most it will be a topend basicly if u can start and ride it the bottom end is most likely good to go till u leave for school. if u buy a new banshee u may get by with just lubing the chain and stuff like that but that all depends on how hard u ride it and how well u maintain it u could get by with just the lil stuff.

if you buy a new shee then in 1.5 /2 years sell it, provided its still in great condition you shouldnt loose much money on it.

You could buy a 2nd hand one too and have no probs with it and sell it for the same amount you paid for it but it could go the other way aswell and blow up. I bought a new one for this reason i didnt want anyone else's stuff up's or thrashed out machines which face it 2-strokes you have/want to thrash.

yes i know, but theres something i just.. i dont know.

for me modding my own blaster, putting in the reeds and re jetting was "hard" for me ( i hate to re jet with that stupid TORS).

the reason why i dont go really deep is because there is wiring, and stuff, i dont want to mess anything up.

i still have a 28 mm carb which i was gonna put on my blaster, but since i had no clue how to re attach the whole bunch of wires and the oil injection to the new carb, i just stopped lol. you could say im just scared to go anywhere too deep.

what i really need is one of you guys to come here and help me out with all that stuff lol. that would be insane :)

i also wish i could grab any of those insanely good deals on banshees there are on ebay, it just annoys me lol. i would have bought them all :). the same shees on ebay i saw would sell for atleast 20% more here, so if somebody can ship em, man it would make tons of money, alot of locals in saudi arabia are dying to get high mods on their quads, but they cant because nobody here sells "toomey pipes" or can port an engine. lol

Aren't you glad you found this site, there are many builders who are on here frequently that ship stuff all over the world or would take a job from another country, I know for sure Jeff at F.A.S.T. will