99 blaster build

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I need to get a vid of the one I just built up on here huh? 1st-4th wheelie no prob, 5th if you lean back! LOL. its ported, .020 over vitos piston, 3mm stroker crank, 35mm air stryker carb, toomey B1 pipe. timing at 5 degrees. oh, and the worst brakes ever.

how is that 3mm crank working for you because yesterday i was on the vitos website and was thinking of getting there 240bbk and that crank. also guys what do you think of that combo for the motor along with all the other stuff listed earlier. also what is the advantage for blocking off the oil injestion to mix your own gas. is the injection for the blaster not accurate because i have an old dirt bike with oil injection and it runs well.

the oil injection block it off asap. they go out all the time and you will be out of a top end. just block it off and mix your own gas put it on there bbk.32:1. the vitos bbk is cool but dont use there piston you would be better off getting a weisco piston and putting it in there bbk. but like i said it all depends upon what your needs are. if you just want something with alittle bit of power to hold you over while the shees down then id do pipe reeds filter and jet and call it done. but if your wanting something to really get you around with no probs and have alot of tourqe id go with pipe filter reeds p&p and bbk.

the 3mm crank works great, and I dont know what probs people have had with vitos pistons, But in the past 9 years, I have ran them in all the blasters I've built (lots) and a few banshee's. The main prob with asking questions on the blaster forum is that its mostly young kids who are on there, very few engine builders. And also, your comment about making it run before making it handle is opposite. A well suspended bike will beat a hot motored bike through the woods anyday!

the oil injection block it off asap. they go out all the time and you will be out of a top end. just block it off and mix your own gas put it on there bbk.32:1. the vitos bbk is cool but dont use there piston you would be better off getting a weisco piston and putting it in there bbk. but like i said it all depends upon what your needs are. if you just want something with alittle bit of power to hold you over while the shees down then id do pipe reeds filter and jet and call it done. but if your wanting something to really get you around with no probs and have alot of tourqe id go with pipe filter reeds p&p and bbk.

i was already going to do the p&p filter pipes reeds and etc etc. i cant decide on what bbk to get what do you recommend since you have built alot of blasters an know the direction i want to go in with the build.

the 3mm crank works great, and I dont know what probs people have had with vitos pistons, But in the past 9 years, I have ran them in all the blasters I've built (lots) and a few banshee's. The main prob with asking questions on the blaster forum is that its mostly young kids who are on there, very few engine builders. And also, your comment about making it run before making it handle is opposite. A well suspended bike will beat a hot motored bike through the woods anyday!

lol this goes back to the whole thing of building bikes for your needs and wants. the trails i ride i have gotten use to working the machine to compensate for the ruff trails i find it kind of fun. different people like different riding so lets agree to dissagree

well what kind porting you getting done? and what pipe you going with and reeds? after you figure those out then you can bump up to a bbk and really wake it up. i say replace the vitos piston because of the fact i have heard from alot of people that with there bbk's the openings on the skirt dont line up properly with there pistons. so alot of people go with the weisco piston. but if i was you id get all the stuff done but the bbk. then ride it and see if that satisfys your needs, then if not go with the big bore kit.

well what kind porting you getting done? and what pipe you going with and reeds? after you figure those out then you can bump up to a bbk and really wake it up. i say replace the vitos piston because of the fact i have heard from alot of people that with there bbk's the openings on the skirt dont line up properly with there pistons. so alot of people go with the weisco piston. but if i was you id get all the stuff done but the bbk. then ride it and see if that satisfys your needs, then if not go with the big bore kit.

port will be aggressive trail pipes will be paul turner mids reeds will be i think there called carbon tech or something like that for low to mid range. i will start with that and see what i get also do you think i should get a new carb or should the stock be able to handle it for now cause i can always get one later.

Edited by mississippi banshee

port will be aggressive trail pipes will be paul turner mids reeds will be i think there called carbon tech or something like that for low to mid range. i will start with that and see what i get also do you think i should get a new carb or should the stock be able to handle it for now cause i can always get one later.

im running stock carb with stock pilot and 300 main. and it holds up well. if you want to get a reed spacer there only 20 bucks and i think it made a difference in the low to mid. just put it between the jug and the reed cage. il post a pic of the way it looks if you want.

im running stock carb with stock pilot and 300 main. and it holds up well. if you want to get a reed spacer there only 20 bucks and i think it made a difference in the low to mid. just put it between the jug and the reed cage. il post a pic of the way it looks if you want.

i was just thinking of getting a cascade 1/2'' reed spacer and there advance timing.

Edited by mississippi banshee

doesn't matter how big you are- i was the only person i know who didn't throw it up the first time i let the clutch out. and that's because the tire came off. that sounds like the one i rode. it was a guy from k beach area, and i told him that he got f'd by the yamaha shop, but he only trusts them. he was jetted way too rich, but would rather just keep putting plugs in. don't get me wrong, they are really under powered, but you sacrifice way too much by goin to a pipe for high end power

Yeah one of my buddies just got screwed by Yamaha too. Don't get me wrong there not a bad little bike in fact Im going to get my girl one... eventually when my shee is done hahaha, to get her started on and just mod it when she gets use to riding. I just havn't had much luck with them, I've modded a few and tuned a few and ridden one and havn't had much luck. Of course I didn't know nearly as much as I do now about quads, especially 2-strokes and specifically Banshees and Blasters