99 blaster build

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idk if they yfz arms will fit though. cuz yfz arms fit on a shee but shee arms dont fit on a blaster. so if shee arms dont fit on a blaster then i dont think yfz arms will ether. but im not to totaly sure on that.

idk what parts change over it was said some do in another post.

i have an extra set of shee armss and tried putting em on a blaster frame and the bottem arms didnt line up. but ya some parts from the shee work on the blaster and stuff. like 400ex rear shocks work on the back of a blaster with easy modifications. shee front shocks work on the front of a blaster etc etc.

Edited by BlasterKX

idk if they yfz arms will fit though. cuz yfz arms fit on a shee but shee arms dont fit on a blaster. so if shee arms dont fit on a blaster then i dont think yfz arms will ether. but im not to totaly sure on that.

mine still has blaster arms, but it was built before there was really a market for blaster mods. so, i think all 3 shocks and some other stuff in the rear, frame extension style front bumper, alumilite bars, SAanswer silencer, and some other stuff i don't remember. pretty much rode it that way for over 10 years, and set my heart on a banshee when i needed something more. i did hop on someone elses about 3-4 years back that was supposed to be "power jetted" by the dealership, and i was really not impressed. i really had to clutch the piss out of it, and abuse it otherwise to "spank" some fun out of it.

yeah your right thats why i dont compare my bikes to others all my bikes are built for my needs and wants.

exactly my buddys think mines slow in the top end but will climb past them going up sand hills.lol i love it its got sooooo much in the bottom end. on a warm day i could just put the key in it kick it with no gas or choke and it would fire right up first kick idling. its a good running tweaked up monster lol

holly geez, i was eating dinner in the middle of my post, an went from post 4-9. anyways, i can't agree on the top end, cus mine would do about 80 with no problem.

I'm glad you had some luck with them. I personally don't like them all that much, probably because the only one I've ridden wasn't very great. It had a FMF PC2 silencer, VF3, K&N pod, and supposedly jetted right, but I could only get it to about 51-53mph and couldn't get it to pull all 5 gears... it wasn't mine though so I didn't care, I weigh 205, I know that's big but I expected a little more

I'm glad you had some luck with them. I personally don't like them all that much, probably because the only one I've ridden wasn't very great. It had a FMF PC2 silencer, VF3, K&N pod, and supposedly jetted right, but I could only get it to about 51-53mph and couldn't get it to pull all 5 gears... it wasn't mine though so I didn't care, I weigh 205, I know that's big but I expected a little more

doesn't matter how big you are- i was the only person i know who didn't throw it up the first time i let the clutch out. and that's because the tire came off. that sounds like the one i rode. it was a guy from k beach area, and i told him that he got f'd by the yamaha shop, but he only trusts them. he was jetted way too rich, but would rather just keep putting plugs in. don't get me wrong, they are really under powered, but you sacrifice way too much by goin to a pipe for high end power