Full flight A-Arms

jtownrider

Compared to wicked they are the same except you have to ream your spindles. With my wickeds I just turned all the ball joints out 2 turns and they seem to be even and ready to ride. Only problem with mine was the tie rods wont thread the tie rod ends on right. You'll be happy with the full flights. Are they the ball joint kind or heim joint kind?

I had ff they came with the shee when I bought it. Went to hatfield and the heim dropped out and my a-arm was sitting on the ground.... sucked. Brought it home fixed it took it down the road and it dropped out again had to buy a new heim since then I didn't trust it so I got some new ones. I don't know how strong the ball joints are for the ff's now.

Good Luck.

If you search there will be a shit load of ff threads.

I had ff they came with the shee when I bought it. Went to hatfield and the heim dropped out and my a-arm was sitting on the ground.... sucked. Brought it home fixed it took it down the road and it dropped out again had to buy a new heim since then I didn't trust it so I got some new ones. I don't know how strong the ball joints are for the ff's now.

Good Luck.

If you search there will be a shit load of ff threads.

i havent had a problem with mine besides the powder coating sucked ass

i wouldnt deal with full flight ever again. i have a set heim dropped i crashed bent some hardware. i got ahold of they charged me 68 dollars and send me new heims, but didnt send the other special hardware i stated and showed with pictures that i needed. then afterwards wouldnt return any of my emails.

I think the biggest issue with full flight is the bolt/nut for spindle and heim dropping out.....for mine I followed the directions to a "T". cleaned all the threads, apllied a lot of the red loctite, followed torque specs, and let it sit for 24 hrs......actually about 2 months due to current build....If I lose a bolt or nut, I'm just going to order ball joints over heims.....As far as the arm, couldn't beat the quality for the chromoly everything in my opinion. Supposedly back in the day full flight was crap due to the metals used....as far as I know now the only issue I know of is the one I stated above, which could very easily be user error. For a little insurance you could do a tac weld.....but that would get annoying if you have to tear it all apart a lot.

I bent an arm due to a pretty knarly crash and sent it back them. I didn't have any reciepts or anything and they replaced it no questions. I know one issue people were having was the hiem joints breaking or bending. They now offer some extra heavy duty hiems that are nylon coated or some shit like that. I have only run the regular hiems and have only bent one, and that was during the crash. The biggest thing about them is that they are adjustable in 12 different spots. It comes in very handy when you have a fucked up frame.

• 2 weeks later...