Supercross 09

BSHEE400

A few things.

If Stewart stays healthy, he's going to mop up. Once he learns to ride 105% instead of 110% (which RC had to do after a few years on the big bikes) he'll figure out going fast the whole main event will keep him healthy and winning races instead of going faster and ending up on his ass.

There is no one in his class that has his sheer speed. Talent yes...but not speed.

After gong to Supercross for more than 20 years, this year is going to be weird. They used to be at the Pontiac Silverdome (hell, they used to have doubleheaders, Saturday and Sunday racing), then Ford Field...now no event.

That's fine, after last years event I vowed not to go down there again anyways. It's such a mess.

To be honest...Supercross and Motocross are missing the battle out aspects the sport used to have. We haven't had that kind of battling since before the MC era... MC was past his peak when the torch was passed to the GOAT (RC), Reed is fast...but when RC was healthy, he just was no match for him. RC was on his way out when Stewart started dominating...

I still like the Jeff Stanton, Bradshaw, Ward, Lechien, Cooper, Bayle...era. Those guys banged bars for 20 plus laps...

It wasn't that pull a huge lead in 5 laps and check out. Back then was racing. Before those guys it was Bailey, Johnson, O'Mara.....

Granted, Emig and MC had a few battles....but nothing like those guys used to.

The sport is more PC now and not nitty gritty...good action like it used to be in my opinion...

Boy Daj. I dont think I could have said that any better. This is my personal opinion but I still think MC was better then RC in each others primes. When RC came up the tracks were getting faster and less technical. MC just had this sweet smooth style that was perfect for the real technical tracks.

I agree if Bubba calms down just that little bit no one will touch him, plus his a Yamaha boy this year :biggrin:

MC was the greatest supercross rider of all time...but when you combine indoors and out...RC beat him easily hands down.

I'm pretty sure MC only won 1 title outdoors on the big bikes.

Not only did RC do it more times, he also had two perfect seasons on two different brand bikes.

That may never be done again...where MC was smooth and boring to watch, Ricky made up for with hard work and riding on the ragged edge of control. I liked watching RC ride better than MC's style...

Yeah I get how RC is fun to watch because he almost always crashes but I loved watching MC ride. I guess after racing motocross for years I have an apprication for MC's style. I think its so much harder to be smooth and fast then just pinning it and hanging on like Bubba and young RC. It took RC a little while to figure out the slower is faster formula. Yeah RC is the king of Outdoors and MC is the supercross king. But like you said alot of the guys now just dont have the bar banging competion. You have 2-3 guys who are up top and thats it anymore. The most fun I had racing was when I got into a good bar bashing for a couple laps

Damon Bradshaw used to be great at that... He would just flat out come into a corner and use YOU as the berm...LOL.

I miss the good old racing when any one of 5-10 guys can win.

Since the MC era...it's been one dominant guy and they'd win 80% of the races. Check out after 5 laps...

It was really cool back in the day to watch racing Saturday and Sunday at the Silver Dome....

RC did pretty well at Moto De Nations as well, beating some of the world's best. There are so many up and comers that never did win a championship after they came up to the big bikes...

I always like K-Dub. I figured him and RC coming up through the ranks together and dominating the Amateurs would be for good racing... But he either runs top 3 or finishes near the back.

He's another smooth as silk rider...

i've only been watchin it full time with the past few years so i can't really comment on the MC era or anything before

but anyway nowadays i think the lites are far more entertaining than the big bikes simply because it's more competetive

ryan dungey would definately be my favourite for the lites class this year, especially with villapoto movin up to the big class

• 3 months later...