Lets discuss!

What chart appeals more to you?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i voted for the first, i was kind of wondering about the two erratic jumps. Is it accurate or was that due to clutch tranny issues?

Those jumps are an anamoly of either the dyno absorber, load cell, or the engines running condition (hickup, miss, etc.). I think you can ignore them. :geek:

Those jumps are an anamoly of either the dyno absorber, load cell, or the engines running condition (hickup, miss, etc.). I think you can ignore them. :geek:

The motor ran ok, and that run was in the midst of all 21 runs we made that day.

I like the 3rd dyno run the most, Has a nice and smooth curve, good overrev. Looks to be making 24hp more at 7000rpm and 18 more pounds or TQ.

Looks to me that dyno runs 2 and 3 are the same runs but on different smoothing curves. JMO

2 and 3 are different runs, the smoothing is the same.

.......like I said, forget about it. I don't think those data points were real. :geek:

Well from what I remember riding the bike with that combo, that was sort of peaky and roaming setup, so I think the elevated hp spikes may have been accurate portrayal. There were other runs that looked like that while we were tuning. Its funny, when I think about it, it almost correlates to rpm where the needle taper would change on the carb setup. I would say the biggest thing was that some of the parts were mismatched for optimum output.

Well from what I remember riding the bike with that combo, that was sort of peaky and roaming setup, so I think the elevated hp spikes may have been accurate portrayal. There were other runs that looked like that while we were tuning. Its funny, when I think about it, it almost correlates to rpm where the needle taper would change on the carb setup. I would say the biggest thing was that some of the parts were mismatched for optimum output.

The jumps in the 7000'ish rpm range seem to be very quick and have an abnormal recovery. SInce you were on an engine dyno with what I assume to be a fairly rigid method of transfer to the absorber, I suspect there are some non-real data points contributing to the curves in that area. While the engine may have done something odd there, I am not sure the chart accuractely shows what happened there.............., but that's just my $.02.