anyone use paddle tires in the snow?

jmoore

I have been wanting to buy some tires for the snow. Leaning towards the 4snow's but I was just wondering if regular sand tires would work? I would really like to stay with a 20" tire and all those snow tires only come in 22's.

I've used my old haulers in the snow and they worked awesome but got chewed up when they hit ice. If it deeper snow, I don't think it would be a problem...and there is nothing like a snow roost to an unexpecting neighbor! :evil:

i would get the 4 snows like you were talking about,when the snow is gone they will make a good drag racing tire for the dirt.

they rate the 4snows like 2 tenths better in the 300 ft over the pro wedge tires.

i would get the 4 snows like you were talking about,when the snow is gone they will make a good drag racing tire for the dirt.

they rate the 4snows like 2 tenths better in the 300 ft over the pro wedge tires.

I've heard the opposite. I have both and the wedges hook a lot better that the 4-snows for me. But the wedges are also on wider wheels - not exactly a fair comparison.

I've heard the opposite. I have both and the wedges hook a lot better that the 4-snows for me. But the wedges are also on wider wheels - not exactly a fair comparison.

Read it for your self they tested both tires back to back.sounds to me like the 4snows have deeper lugs and also a pound less per tire.

Product Review By: Chris Hodkinson

ATV Dirt Drags on the east coast are every bit as competitive and the racers take it as seriously as the NHRA Top Fuel guys. Even though the Top Fuel Cars are running 300+ mph, over a 1/4 mile stretch, and just under 5 seconds, ATV Dirt Drags can be just as exciting and quick. ATV's cannot come close to hitting 300+, but in 300 ft, their speeds can reach over 85+ and times are also under 5 seconds. With a combination of speed and time, they, the ATV dirt dragsters, have to be on their toes just as much as the Top Fuel cars so they can cross the finish line first.

Many races are won or lost right in the 1st 60 ft. If you can't put the power to the ground and your competition does, forget about it, it's all over for you.

The tire of choice at these races is the Pro Wedge II's. They offer excellent traction on the starting line and grow in size as the tire speed increases. No other tire puts this combination together quite as well. The biggest down fall for the Pro Wedge II's is the availability of them. They can be hard to come by and if you do find them, might be costly too.

The engineers at Maxxis may have stumbled onto the ultimate dirt drag tire combination and they didn't even know it while designing the "4-Snow" for the winter enthusiast. The new Maxxis 4-Snow (M910) wasn't meant to be a competition used ATV dirt drag tire. But with a tread pattern similar to the Pro Wedge II, except for a little deeper lug, and also weighing in at 1 lb less per tire, these tires looked like a formidable foe for the Pro Wedge II's. We contacted Maxxis for more info on these tires and also found out that they grow 40% taller when up to speed. They were as curious as we were about how these tires would compare to the Pro Wedge II's so they sent us out a set for testing purposes.

We set up the timers out at our local dirt drag track. We made several runs with each set of tires, and immediately noticed that the '4-Snows' consistently offered more traction and were quicker at the start. We recorded each run and at the end of the day the '4-Snows' were .15-.20 of a second quicker then the Pro Wedge II's in 300 ft. This translates to about 2-3 bike lengths in 300ft.

Although we cannot comment on the wear characteristics of the '4-Snows' vs. the Pro Wedge II's in this short time we have had them. However, we can say that in the last month of racing and testing they have held up well.

In conclusion, we can say this, for the rest of this race season we will be showing up with our quads running Maxxis 4 Snows, as this is a new arsenal in our daily quest for more speed and faster runtimes in our 1/4 mile drags.

For more info on the 4-Snow contact Maxxis at:

Maxxis International-USA

545 Old Peachtree Road

Suwanee, GA 30024

Tel: (800) 4.MAXXIS

Tel: (770) 962-8229

Fax: (770) 962-7705

We have carried both and tried both on the same bikes and the wedges are hands down better for traction we tried the 4 snow because of that article or a similar one that we read and they just didnt live up to the hype. The wedges are hands down better for traction on dirt havent tried either on snow though.

We have carried both and tried both on the same bikes and the wedges are hands down better for traction we tried the 4 snow because of that article or a similar one that we read and they just didnt live up to the hype. The wedges are hands down better for traction on dirt havent tried either on snow though.

i haven't ran the 4snows,i was just going by a article i read and posted about them.