SPROCKET SIZES?

ohSIXshee

Small bore or big bore makes no difference in your case. Shearers are and always have been a top end pipe, and they are designed for motors that breathe.

I'm sure others will back me up on that. I COMPLETELY 100% understand not tearing apart a motor with 10 hours on it....I also understand not being made of money.

However...you asked the question, and the pipes play into your solution.

I don't think you have enough motor to pull 6th strongly in sand...the pipes aren't helping, only hurting in my opinion.

T5, T6, FMF or other pipes built for a stock motor/stock port would do better for you. Promise...

im not trying to pull 6th up a hill at 90mph. :biggrin: i know what your saying i need more mid range torque to pull 6th. which is understandable. im happy with the pipes, i got them planning on porting and building a 421 in the future. im pretty light and am a decent rider i beat most 4- stroke 450s by 2 or 3 bike lengths up olds hill in glamis...im gearing down in the front 1 tooth hoping to use more of my gears. its all about trial and error and i was just trying to be pointed in the right direction.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny, i currently have a blaster, and am going to get a shee soon, ive driven a stock one before, and found that it has way too much acceleration and too low top speed, and it was rather easy to start in second gear, i was thinking if i modded it, and putting some V-force 3 reeds, which gives it alot of "pull power" i would make the front sprocket bigger, and still start in 2nd :).

i really think shees need bigger front, i would put like + 2 more teeth in the front, but then it would start to get hard starting in 2nd, which is only bad for races, i have no problem starting in first when not racing, then i would definitely go bigger front sprockets.

funny, i currently have a blaster, and am going to get a shee soon, ive driven a stock one before, and found that it has way too much acceleration and too low top speed, and it was rather easy to start in second gear, i was thinking if i modded it, and putting some V-force 3 reeds, which gives it alot of "pull power" i would make the front sprocket bigger, and still start in 2nd :).

i really think shees need bigger front, i would put like + 2 more teeth in the front, but then it would start to get hard starting in 2nd, which is only bad for races, i have no problem starting in first when not racing, then i would definitely go bigger front sprockets.

IMO...don't waste your money on VForce reeds until you get it ported...stock cages work fine with aftermarket reeds.

You can do more and get a better bang for your buck then VF3s...it'll be faster rather than feel faster.

Since you've ridden a bone stock shee (I'm assuming you mean stock pipes) you'll find just about any pipe you get will let it rev better and further as well as pull longer vs. stock pipes. It is literally night and day difference...

Edited by dajogejr

well im in the same boat... I was running olds in the top of 3rd and wanted to go to 4th but just didnt work out so i had to just ride 3rd to the top... but I did the 1 less tooth up front on the raptor and it made it a new quad. so the 1 less tooth for the banshee is on order now...

The guy who did some work for me said to through a 43-44 in the rear, it will help with the resistance from the sand.

he said you will be able to pull 6th gear and you mid range will pull harder also good for hill climbing.

I dont know how true this is, this gearing things still confuses the shit out of me.