Need some help! ((NOOBIE))

Bry Ownz

I just bought a 03 banshee with a few things done to it that i know of. I know it's bored .05 over with a weisco piston, k and n filter, has a trinity IV pipes, and IV trinity 2-to-1 carb kit. Has a 17 front sproket and a 41 rear. Has/had 19" holeshots on it. I'm going to be trail riding it 90% of the time and ocasionally jumping and drag racing it. I recently got some 22" mud lites for the back and havent got a chance to test them out yet. I'm pretty sure the gearing wont be right. Any input? Thanks.

i am a fan of stock gearing for multipurpose riding like you seem to be doing. 14/41.... as far as tire size it acts much like gearing, if you go really small you will take off like a bat out of hell if your riding those tight turns and trails, but when it comes to drag your bike will top out alot sooner. I run really small tires on my wife 450 and love it, but I pretty much never drag race it.

I am also not a fan of the 2 in 1 carb setup, start looking around the site, there is TONS of info that will help you get the bike running to suit your riding style. you just got to do some digging to find the posts.

And welcome to the site

yea youll prolly end up taking a link or two out. you can run 2 masterlinks if need be. hell i think i have 3 masterlinks on my banshee. it makes it easier when i gotta do gearing changes. i already have a bunch of different lengths of chain cut so it only takes a couple mins.

I just bought a 03 banshee with a few things done to it that i know of. I know it's bored .05 over with a weisco piston, k and n filter, has a trinity IV pipes, and IV trinity 2-to-1 carb kit. Has a 17 front sproket and a 41 rear. Has/had 19" holeshots on it. I'm going to be trail riding it 90% of the time and ocasionally jumping and drag racing it. I recently got some 22" mud lites for the back and havent got a chance to test them out yet. I'm pretty sure the gearing wont be right. Any input? Thanks.

keep it stock and try it out. imw bansheeman i like the stock gearing as well.

if your mostly running trails keep the 2 into 1 i ride trails and love it over the dual set up.