Carrier has a death grip on axle- Help

kpmengr

Got my spiffy new durablue axle waiting to be installed. Going to re-use the brake and sprocket hubs. Did a search and it seems most remove the axle and carrier from the swingarm and tip the hole shebang on end before applying "force". Sprocket hub slides off easy. My question is:

What do I whale on to get the carrier off?

My search came up with a lot of vague help like: "just let loose a fury like the world has never seen". Hehe I liked that one! But, the brake disk and hub are in the way. Do I need to remove the brake disk from the hub? Even if I did, the only place to hit is on the carrier mount flange. Carrier is not worth much, I know but I am trying not to destroy it if I dont have to. What am I missing?

Got my spiffy new durablue axle waiting to be installed. Going to re-use the brake and sprocket hubs. Did a search and it seems most remove the axle and carrier from the swingarm and tip the hole shebang on end before applying "force". Sprocket hub slides off easy. My question is:

What do I whale on to get the carrier off?

My search came up with a lot of vague help like: "just let loose a fury like the world has never seen". Hehe I liked that one! But, the brake disk and hub are in the way. Do I need to remove the brake disk from the hub? Even if I did, the only place to hit is on the carrier mount flange. Carrier is not worth much, I know but I am trying not to destroy it if I dont have to. What am I missing?

if your just replacing the axle and swapping them out the two big nuts come off then ur sprocket should just slid off and then the axle. thats where it gets fun usually the axle gets stuck on the sleeve between the bearings. what i did when i swaped out a stock axle to a gforce on my blaster is i took the carrier off and took a hammer and went around the carrier and smacked it evenly around it. but im sure someone else will help with a easier tip. good luck

Ive always taped an old socket to the axle so it wouldn't damage the axle, after taking the nuts off the axle and the hub. Then beat the hell out of the socket with a BFH. I do it with the carrier on the bike.

One way that works is take the nuts off and put a good hard 4x4 on the ground then hold the axle up in the air and drop it on the board a few times and they usally will come right off.

All done. I had to take the brake disk off and hit the carrier both sides until it came off. When it let loose, the bearing on the brake side stayed on the axle. I had to cut that bearing off. Took awhile but happy with the results. Thanks again for the help.