1-5 over ride tranny

I had my stock one modded neutral in all the way down 1-5override. only cost 300 if you drag race alot its worth it. I cant see riding a trail bike with one. The guy who cut my trans said its bad to down shift them alot.

Half right...

The old style overrides, or...non-dunable, it was a bad idea to backload the tranny a lot, in other words, let off the gas without the clutch pulled in.

Newer style Dunables are not like that. You can ride them like a normal tranny, but full power upshifts without the clutch.

You shouldn't download them excessively...but, you'll just wear the shift forks sooner....

I had my stock one modded neutral in all the way down 1-5override. only cost 300 if you drag race alot its worth it. I cant see riding a trail bike with one. The guy who cut my trans said its bad to down shift them alot.

if you do any type or racing then a override tranny is the way you go. now it depends on the type of racing you do which override you want. i have a 1-3 overrider in my atc 500r, 1-6 in my stock banshee. i got tired of slap clutching and missing gears. believe me a missed gear will cost you the race (money). it's ok to down shift the tranny but only when you have come to a COMLPETE STOP...if you dont stop then you will mess up something in the tranny. most likely the shift forks.

it's ok to down shift the tranny but only when you have come to a COMLPETE STOP...if you dont stop then you will mess up something in the tranny. most likely the shift forks.

That is true only of the 1-6 override for a banshee at this time. WCR is working on a dunable 1-6...but it is pricey, and he's still ironing out the kinks.

Other cuts, 1-5, 2-5 and 1-4 allow for downshifting while moving...but with the clutch pulled in.

hmmm. i have a cheetah motor on my shee (392) that i do a lot with,(trail ride, rec riding, woods, and drag it) not sure if a dunable is for me? will backloading the dunables a lot mess up the forks?? or is it downshifting that does it?? just wondering if theres a way i can use one and not mess it up ( dont wanna take the motor back apart for a while)

hmmm. i have a cheetah motor on my shee (392) that i do a lot with,(trail ride, rec riding, woods, and drag it) not sure if a dunable is for me? will backloading the dunables a lot mess up the forks?? or is it downshifting that does it?? just wondering if theres a way i can use one and not mess it up ( dont wanna take the motor back apart for a while)

If you backload it excessively over 8,000 RPM, it will wear the shift forks sooner.