Regular Elkas

MikeNick

Any of you guys ever ride on these or own a set..All I do is trail ride and beat around the bush so I was thinkin these would suit me fine..How do they ride and are they worth getting or should I get a set of cheaper Works??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elka-Front-...sQ5fAccessories

I also saw those and was wondering what people think. I was gonna go with the dual rate works w/o rezzies because i have little money to work with but I don't wanna be bummed if there not that good.

Thats what I was thinkin to..Everyone I've heard from swears they are better than Works plus they're dual rate and also heard there valving is better than any other shock...I will probably be getting these..I dont really need a piggyback, I dont ride that long or hard. Also they are on sale now too! 15% off

If you going to spend the money on after market shocks make sure you get the rezy's they will not alow your shocks to fade. My brother is having that prob in the dunes with his pro works. But i can ride hard all day on the elka dune Ed and get off and feel the shock and they are still the same temp as started. Heat is the number one killer to the shock. they will work fine on a trail bike. but if your having alot of arm movement up front for the suspension then you want the added oil to keep them cool and longer life. Just my .02 But other then that you can buy them now and add rez's later.

If you going to spend the money on after market shocks make sure you get the rezy's they will not alow your shocks to fade. My brother is having that prob in the dunes with his pro works. But i can ride hard all day on the elka dune Ed and get off and feel the shock and they are still the same temp as started. Heat is the number one killer to the shock. they will work fine on a trail bike. but if your having alot of arm movement up front for the suspension then you want the added oil to keep them cool and longer life. Just my .02 But other then that you can buy them now and add rez's later.

They can add Rezzies to them later if you decide you need them then??? If so thats cool

spend the hundred dollars more and get the rezzies.Then its done. I put them on my shee and the thing is very controllable now.No more bottoming out no matter what. Huge difference from stock.I also have the +2 arms. I came off the top of a hill wide open in 4th and there was a bowl up there and the nose came down a tad,I hit that bitch and it was like nothing happened. GREAT shocks!

Any of you guys ever ride on these or own a set..All I do is trail ride and beat around the bush so I was thinkin these would suit me fine..How do they ride and are they worth getting or should I get a set of cheaper Works??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elka-Front-...sQ5fAccessories

I have those exact shocks and I have no complaints. I havent noticed any fading without the rezzies but I dont really go hard for hours on end or anything. I say for the money they are the best. You can add rezzies really easy later on as well.

I have those exact shocks and I have no complaints. I havent noticed any fading without the rezzies but I dont really go hard for hours on end or anything. I say for the money they are the best. You can add rezzies really easy later on as well.

SWEET!!!! Thanks man..I like your bike..How you like those Hipers..Im thinkin on gettin a set for my front soon..

The standard Elkas worked great for me, definitely better than the triple rate Works I've had that are stiff as can be. If you want reservoirs, just add them later. :thumbsup:

yeh those are fine for regualr trail riding, and $420 is a cheaper price from what they normally go for too. Plus Im pretty sure you can add a res on later if you wanted. works shocks are great, esp over stock, but nobody beats elkas.

yeh those are fine for regualr trail riding, and $420 is a cheaper price from what they normally go for too. Plus Im pretty sure you can add a res on later if you wanted. works shocks are great, esp over stock, but nobody beats elkas.

You can add the reservoirs later, I think they run about $200-220 for the remote type. Any Elka dealer or shock tuner can do it.

You can add the reservoirs later, I think they run about $200-220 for the remote type. Any Elka dealer or shock tuner can do it.

Yes that is about the price for remote rezzies. I would ride the shit out of the shock tell you need to rebuild them and then add them. that way your not paying for just oil and a gas charge. but as stated above. anything is better then stock!!! I will always add suspension to a bike before i get into the motor. funner to ride a bike that doesnt kick your ass and funner when you can go faster because the bike can eat the bumps and jumps up