Exhaust leak...WTF

keeks707

where is it leaking from, what part of the pipe?

where the exhaust pipe and the cylinder connect...

firebanshee Posted Today, 06:11 PM

They are not big flange pipes are they? did you install the orings were the pipe hooks to the head?

i didnt install any o rings....

where the exhaust pipe and the cylinder connect...

firebanshee Posted Today, 06:11 PM

They are not big flange pipes are they? did you install the orings were the pipe hooks to the head?

i didnt install any o rings....

There is a groove in the pipe at the flange were the o ring goes.

just lick it befor you stick it man :yucky: :bunny: i do it almost daily, and sometimes multiple times a day :yelrotflmao: OIT. just rub some spit on the o-rings before you shove the pipes in. i prefer it over lube, especially in high heat areas, because some lubes can harden like resin and are a pita to clean :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...
just lick it befor you stick it man :yucky: :bunny: i do it almost daily, and sometimes multiple times a day :yelrotflmao: OIT. just rub some spit on the o-rings before you shove the pipes in. i prefer it over lube, especially in high heat areas, because some lubes can harden like resin and are a pita to clean :banghead:

i lube it up and still wont go in..lol ahaha i put the o ring on and man its a pain to put the pipes on to the cub cylinder...FUCK and Suggestions or secrets to install...fuck and i notice that also my left pipe when i put it on it hits on my cool heads...fuck!!!!!!! im stressting

i lube it up and still wont go in..lol ahaha i put the o ring on and man its a pain to put the pipes on to the cub cylinder...FUCK and Suggestions or secrets to install...fuck and i notice that also my left pipe when i put it on it hits on my cool heads...fuck!!!!!!! im stressting

I used a map gas torch to heat and expand the flange area. The heat doesn't hurt the o-ring and I use high temp RTV silicon as a sealant which also acts as a lubricant for installation. I know alot of guys on here let the sealant dry prior to installation, but I haven't tried that and would think that may make installation harder.

After I get the header pipe on, I wipe the excess sealant off and make sure the area between the 2 flanges (cyclinder and pipe) has a nice smooth bead of sealent. Looks good and doesn't leak.

SP

make sure the cylinder is clean and the o-ring groove. install the o-ring dry on the pipe, and then lube it. push strait in with a little umph instead of rocking it. then, shim your pipe mount(s) to clear the head. if the o-ring still won't slide in, use a half-round file, or die-grinder to put a make s bevil with a gradual angle (like 60 degrees) ti make the o-rings compress easier, but don't take off too much.

• Like 1

make sure the cylinder is clean and the o-ring groove. install the o-ring dry on the pipe, and then lube it. push strait in with a little umph instead of rocking it. then, shim your pipe mount(s) to clear the head. if the o-ring still won't slide in, use a half-round file, or die-grinder to put a make s bevil with a gradual angle (like 60 degrees) ti make the o-rings compress easier, but don't take off too much.

Bingo...

I actually used my old Orings from older pipes because the new ones from Shearer were being a little difficult...

Dab of RTV, Grease, whatever....

A 200 or so grit wet/dry sandpaper on the exhaust flange if absolutely necessary...you're only removing .001 or so...