Holy crap I need help

Handyman

Ok i have one for you.....My wife's computer will not read the internet....It will connect to the wireless router and will connect to the internet but will not read the interent. She has a less than 1yr old HP Pavillion DV6000 laptop the computer was used to connect to the internet a couple times before I went on my 7month deployment and then for the next 7 months never connected to the internet. Once we came back it was used as the main computer in the house. So I know the wireless connectivity of the computer is basically brand new. The operating system is Windows vista...Anyway I have looked at every possible thing I could think of and everything is working properly...I've had 3 other people who have the idenitcal computer look at it and they can't figure anything out. they say the wireless components are working correctly. One guy even hooked it up to his dsl and it would connect but not read any web pages...and his computer was reading the interent just fine. I'm hoping some here can help me out before I dod a system restore back to Oct 30th... My wife said she was on the internet and we were emailng back and forth for a couple hours and she went to bed NOT TURNING OFF the computer...she woke up 6 hours later and the Yahoo page was still showing. When she went to check er email that's when the screen came up saying that it the internet page would not load....I have tried multiple internet sites and nothing....but the computer is connected to the internet....

Nope niether of those worked...I just got off the phone with HP and they are clueless...They are saying my internet provider is the problem but my desktop and laptop run just fine with the same internet provider...Anyone know how to change the IP address is Vista

Nope niether of those worked...I just got off the phone with HP and they are clueless...They are saying my internet provider is the problem but my desktop and laptop run just fine with the same internet provider...Anyone know how to change the IP address is Vista

See if this helps you out any.

Change IP for Vista

Have you scanned the computer for viruses, spyware, trojans, and so on? Something made it do what it's doing, it just didn't happen out of the blue. If it has been scanned, and nothing is on it, you may be able to use system restore, if it still works, and if not, wipe it out, and start over.

Take an RJ-45 ethernet cable and wire the laptop up to the router.

If it then loads webpages your wireless card is bad.

I actually have a PCI wireless card in my desktop right now. It went through a power surge and it fucked it up.

It will still connect to the access point and appears to work but it doesnt, does exactly what yours is doing.

Thanks to everyone and their ideas....I learned alot....Since Vista has a D drive that actually has all the stuf to do a complete dump and reload....SO I dumped it and reloaded everything...It now works just like it should. I can get on the internet and runs beautifully....Thanks to everyone for their help.