Is this fast for a banshee?

ATVridinMaNiAc

my buddies got a banshee and he was racing his friend on grass and his friend has a honda cr450f dirtbike and they were neck and neck the whole way, the shee would win a few and the dirtbike would win a few, both are good riders and the banshee rider weighs at least 250lb, i havent seen many atv vs dirtbike drags but i know for a fact a few dirtbikes i had would smoke one but this 1 must be pretty quick, any thoughts?

my buddies got a banshee and he was racing his friend on grass and his friend has a honda cr450f dirtbike and they were neck and neck the whole way, the shee would win a few and the dirtbike would win a few, both are good riders and the banshee rider weighs at least 250lb, i havent seen many atv vs dirtbike drags but i know for a fact a few dirtbikes i had would smoke one but this 1 must be pretty quick, any thoughts?

I have a friend with a 2003 yz250, not stock buy any means. i think it had v-forse 3 reeds, jetted, fmf gnarly pipe and silencer, and maybe a K&N filter. 4 out of 4 times i won. he got me off the start but i would walk buy him. and it was about the speed of a walk difference. i know my banshee goes pretty fast but i don't know compared to like a 450 or 700.

I would say that's pretty good tho.

Chevshee

It depends on how well each of them actually can ride....

A dirt bike weights about half a banshee in stock or near stock trim.

Last I checked, I think a banshee is 380 something dry....a CRF bike is 230ish....

150lbs is HUGE in a drag race, trust me.

^^^^^^ lol

That seems about right to me. A good rider on a 450 dirt bike can be a handful for a piped, mildly modded Banshee.

yea the honda crf450 was bone stock with maybe a good filter i think and both riders had bout equal skill, my buddy started taking off in 2nd on his banshee and he started to win more often but he also weighs like 275 i think as far as i could see he had cool heads, fmf pipes, bigger carbs an aftermarket cdi, shredder tires and he said it had a 4mil stroker, and he runs 17 or 19 domes i know he uses cam2 also but i think it could run a lil quicker then that, youd think it would smoke a stock crf450

• 2 weeks later...

the banshee is almost 400pnds the guy riding it is almost 300pnds i would say thats pretty good.the bike is under 250pnds.the banshee is at a disadvantage power to weight ratio badly.sounds like if the banshee rider was only say 180 pnds,it would have won all the races.i know my cr500 will out run my banshee, but im working on that.

• 2 weeks later...
If they are racing on grass traction may be playing a factor into the race too. I'd say try it on a different surface and see if you get the same results.

My past experience is that banshees and grass don't mix.

I agree they should try it somewhere both can get equal traction.

I did beat a CR500 with the banshee I had,but mine was alot more than just piped.

My past experience is that banshees and grass don't mix.

I agree they should try it somewhere both can get equal traction.

I did beat a CR500 with the banshee I had,but mine was alot more than just piped.

that's pretty good figuring a cr 500 weight is 235 pnds 60 hp stock.i read in a 1985 cycle world magazine where they ran a cr500 in the 1/4mi. it ran in the 12's right off the show room floor.that's pretty quick for a single cylinder motor.