Bailout Bull

brian

Something needs to happen and they need to go broke. How can a car company be competitve in the world market when ours is the only one with these UAW leaches. Our hourly production costs are 50% higher than the Japanese vehicles. To match there production costs, guess what has to go?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRST OFF RNBRAD IS ALIVE BUT TOO GOOD TO SHOW UP AT DUNES WITH AN OLD BUDDY HMMM??? LOL

giving you shit old man.

sec the cost of living in the us is more than japan so the workers get paid more. if we all looked the same as they do in japan it wouldnt matter just pay something just cant tell who its going to.

screw the employees?? are you out of your mind. some of those employees are making $73 an hour. thats fucking ridiculous. those jobs do not require someone to make that kind of money and its no wonder now why american vehicles are so high priced. i say fuck the automakers and their over paid employees.

? who gets paid 73 dollars an hour. is that some special over time holiday pay or something i dont see that. if so i really dont have any feelings for them wow thats some jack.

i agree, the banks should not have gotten any money. but i disagree about giving the automakers anything. they made shit this way, now they should have to deal with it.

screw the employees?? are you out of your mind. some of those employees are making $73 an hour. thats fucking ridiculous. those jobs do not require someone to make that kind of money and its no wonder now why american vehicles are so high priced. i say fuck the automakers and their over paid employees.

Don't hold these remarks against my brand just me. It is ignorance like this which is the problem. Politicians screw with our heads by asking if "you flew in a private jet to this meeting and will you now fly commercial back". Should an exec fly commercial to an interview before congress when 3 million jobs are at stake-NO NO!!! Execs are part of the problem but the point is congress is screwing with our heads asking these questions.

This is a loan not free money. The financial institutions are screwing the auto companies by not giving them loans because they are crooks in these big banks.

Main point is that the auto companies were very profitable before 9-11 crap even with this so called $73.00 wage. My paps is skilled trade at GM for 45 years and he makes around$30.00 hr regular time not $73.

Has the economy changed permanently that auto employees need be screwed permanently-NO NO NO!!!!! The economy will rebound and the auto companies will be profitable again even at $73.00 so called wages. So is the solution to screw the share holders and employees because the banks are screwing the country or LOAN money to the auto companies so they don't have to screw employees who otherwise cause a company to be profitable.

You say they get paid too much but that simply is not true. If the company makes a profit who should be paid? The stock holders and the employees. The market takes care of the stock holders the execs are supposed to take care of the employees.

The problem lies with the politicians and management. They have to look at exact numbers and forecast economic return so they can either provide a loan or say no based on numbers not hyped up crap.

In the very least employees should not be screwed permanently.

SO NO ONE IS PUT OFF OUR BRAND BECAUSE OF MY RANTS I WILL GIVE %30 OFF ALL MY ITEMS SOLD ON EBAY TODAY AND TOMMORROW ONLY. THAT IS MY PART IN COMPETING AGAINST CHINA CRAP AND HELPING THE ECONOMY. EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT THAT DEAL

Something needs to happen and they need to go broke. How can a car company be competitve in the world market when ours is the only one with these UAW leaches. Our hourly production costs are 50% higher than the Japanese vehicles. To match there production costs, guess what has to go?

If in normal times they are profitable with the higher cost then why does it have to permanently go? Our production costs are even more disproportionate to China so why not knock wages to their level?

Don't hold these remarks against my brand just me. It is ignorance like this which is the problem. Politicians screw with our heads by asking if "you flew in a private jet to this meeting and will you now fly commercial back". Should an exec fly commercial to an interview before congress when 3 million jobs are at stake-NO NO!!! Execs are part of the problem but the point is congress is screwing with our heads asking these questions.

This is a loan not free money. The financial institutions are screwing the auto companies by not giving them loans because they are crooks in these big banks.

Main point is that the auto companies were very profitable before 9-11 crap even with this so called $73.00 wage. My paps is skilled trade at GM for 45 years and he makes around$30.00 hr regular time not $73.

Has the economy changed permanently that auto employees need be screwed permanently-NO NO NO!!!!! The economy will rebound and the auto companies will be profitable again even at $73.00 so called wages. So is the solution to screw the share holders and employees because the banks are screwing the country or LOAN money to the auto companies so they don't have to screw employees who otherwise cause a company to be profitable.

You say they get paid too much but that simply is not true. If the company makes a profit who should be paid? The stock holders and the employees. The market takes care of the stock holders the execs are supposed to take care of the employees.

The problem lies with the politicians and management. They have to look at exact numbers and forecast economic return so they can either provide a loan or say no based on numbers not hyped up crap.

In the very least employees should not be screwed permanently.

SO NO ONE IS PUT OFF OUR BRAND BECAUSE OF MY RANTS I WILL GIVE %30 OFF ALL MY ITEMS SOLD ON EBAY TODAY AND TOMMORROW ONLY. THAT IS MY PART IN COMPETING AGAINST CHINA CRAP AND HELPING THE ECONOMY. EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT THAT DEAL

dude, be real for a minute. these companies made it so that their vehicles were unaffordable. thats not the employees fault or the shareholders...but why should the government loan them money so that they can keep on being unaffordable?

do you really think that these auto makers are going to up and change their ways after this loan? i think not. these companies arent that stupid. they knew they were going to have issues a long time ago at the prices they charge.. even i knew that. they should have stepped up 10 years ago and cut production costs and had a lot less inventory than they do. i dont feel sorry for them..

it sucks for the employees but this loan will simply be a bandaid for the next couple of years and the same shit will happen again. as long as the execs get their big vacations and private planes they dont care what happens to the rest of the company... thats pretty obvious.

dude, be real for a minute. these companies made it so that their vehicles were unaffordable. thats not the employees fault or the shareholders...but why should the government loan them money so that they can keep on being unaffordable?

do you really think that these auto makers are going to up and change their ways after this loan? i think not. these companies arent that stupid. they knew they were going to have issues a long time ago at the prices they charge.. even i knew that. they should have stepped up 10 years ago and cut production costs and had a lot less inventory than they do. i dont feel sorry for them..

it sucks for the employees but this loan will simply be a bandaid for the next couple of years and the same shit will happen again. as long as the execs get their big vacations and private planes they dont care what happens to the rest of the company... thats pretty obvious.

You may be 100% correct but we would have to let the numbers show that. Congress did show boating the first meeting with the execs and didn't look at hard numbers they just threw out a bunch of rhetoric.

The numbers may just be a bandaid but do we know that. Loans are given based on projections but right now projections are hard to come by. Is it possible that the auto companies are victims of the times which were created by financial institutions? Some of it is or most of it I don't know. A lot of it is because of the downturn after 9-11 or there abouts. If projections show that employee costs all of a sudden are the downfall of the companies and there is no hope of eventual recovery then those costs have to go down.

I don't believe employee costs are the problem or "were" the problem. They are a problem now but so is every other cost of the auto compaines because they are losing money. One reason for this belief is that american cars are as affordable as foreign cars. Take a close look at the prices and options on vehicles and they are essentially the same. Sure you can purchase very expensive american autos but you can foreign also. The normal prices on american small cars still provided a profit and were competitive.

I will agree that if american auto companies can't get some market share back and increase sales levels because of the economic times then costs have to be cut. That is far from saying that employee costs were the problem it only says that when times are dire and there is no light at the end of the tunnel then all costs have to be considered. If this is the forecast then auto execs need to admit that they are not talented enough to resotre the auto industry before collapse or that the times simply won't allow it. That is where the truth lies not in employee wages as the cause of failure.

Bottom line is no numbers are given before congress which are meaningful. This shows that the cowards in the exec chairs want the easy way out which is bankruptcy. Then they can start over and don't have to work so hard at recovery. Congress apparently wants that also. I as well as half of american could have given a better defense before congress of the viability of the auto industry then those limp execs did.

Line below bottom line is this economy is bad and the wrong people will get the blame and do you notice that it is always the working class or "union" people or the poor.

man its a free forum you can voice your opinion, the members shouldnt hold it against you for voicing your opinion. your products should stand up for themselves.

anyways i love my chevy 2500 duramax.

Things that make you go Hmmm.

The top guy at GM makes 22 million per year, which equals about $8000 dollars PER HOUR.

The cost of the GM private jet flight to Washington cost aproxx $20,000.

The median YEARLY income for a household in my hometown is $20,173

Things that make you go Hmmm.

The top guy at GM makes 22 million per year, which equals about $8000 dollars PER HOUR.

The cost of the GM private jet flight to Washington cost aproxx $20,000.

The median YEARLY income for a household in my hometown is $20,173

Hell yeah !!!!!!!!

Those are the costs that are truly to blame right there ! ^^^^^^^^^

All the greediness from the execs, whether it be the banks, big insurance, auto makers, CONGRESS, etc...... is what

got us all into this mess for sure.

Also, alot of people want to blame this shiat on Bush and Co., but all of this has been building for many years.

Neither Bush or any other president will have the power to control CONGRESS. Those crooks just let this all

happen because they got to ride with the top guy from GM in his private jet to meet with the top guys from AIG

for an all expense paid trip to the best resorts in ST. Maarten a dozen times a year. Then that CONGRESS guy

got paid to vote for whatever was in the best interest of his hosts !

How in the world do we get that sort of crap to end ? :shrug: