mx parts and gearing

flint

well im stationed in iraq now with the army for a second time and i fugured thios is a good time to figure out all the parts i need and what gearing to use on my 2002 shee. looking to play on the track and school the 450s. could hang pretty well with my buddys yfz last time i was at the track. right now the gearing is stock i just bought new 18in rear tires and 20in fronts. on itp red lable rims. i also have extended a arms up front and am getting ready to buy a g-force axel for the rear.

my main question is what is the best gearing to us when getting set up for the track?

also i need a swing arm. i have heard so many different answers on the right length what do you guys recomend. i would like a 250r style with the built in carrier.

other than that my shee is pretty well set up. just needs a rear shock axel swing arm and gearing.

any info you guys can throw at me would be great.

josh

Get a negative length swinger for the track. Anywhere from -1 to -2.5. I have a -2.5 and swear by it, whole new bike. As for gearing that's determined by the track you're on. Unless it's a really tight track I'd bump up to a 14 or 15 T front sprocket.

The shorter swing arm will help with the rear shock, it'll take hits a lot better due to the reduced leverage. How are you set for front susp?

on the front of my shee i have works dual rated with rezzies on 2 pluss a arms. the shocks are blown and need a rebuild. i was thinking about buying a set of yfz fronts and sending them to tcs and having them all set up for my shee. either that or having the works all done up. havent decided yet.

whear did you pick up your swing arm. i would love yo find a used one but damn they are hard to find.

thanks again

josh

on the front of my shee i have works dual rated with rezzies on 2 pluss a arms. the shocks are blown and need a rebuild. i was thinking about buying a set of yfz fronts and sending them to tcs and having them all set up for my shee. either that or having the works all done up. havent decided yet.

whear did you pick up your swing arm. i would love yo find a used one but damn they are hard to find.

thanks again

josh

Might aswell rebuild the works. No sense in using yfz shocks if you already have aftermarket. Yeah they are, well you could just shorten the stock swinger if you don't mind so much the bullshit chain adjustment. I got mine off the forums.

hey man

just wanted to say thanks for the info. i will probably be buying a swing arm. i used to have a janssen -1 on my last shee. im going to try to find one of thoes again. as for the shocks im probably just going to stick with the worcs and have them all rebuilt.

thanks again

josh

some good options are advanced timing, raised compression, larger displacement, a pv cylinder, -2 swinger, short rears like 18", dual stage reeds, mx porting, low/mid range pipes like dmc or paul turner, 13t drive sprocket, good propeg nerfs, +3+1 a arms (at least +2) wider heavy duty axle, aftermarket front shocks, good cooling,.... engine ice, billet impeller, open grill, ect. good basket and springs with a lever to match. And a 2 into 1 carb setup if you want to pay for all that for an extra 1-1.5hp. If not in mud or water pods are good too. Beadlocks might not be a bad idea on a track either,.. esp with 12 heats of dirtbikes prior to yours. Just to name a few things.

hey man

thank for the info. i have alot of that stuff already. hears the list of what i have. the engine does have a mild port job done on it but hell what 2nd hand banshee dosent now a days. would like to get it ported geared and the swing arm done. all 3 shocks will be getting sent out to be rebuilt and what not. again man thanks for the info. i am going to still be looking for a g force axel. im pretty sure the durablue one i have is bent so im just gonna have it strightned and run it in my other project shee. keep the good input comming guy i like to hear everyones advice.

Chassis | Suspension | Controls:

Stock frame w

+2 A-arms W/ Braided Lines

Stock Swing arm with Rad Berring Carrier

Lonestar +1