Modded Banshee, easy start, not so east idle

cornholio

Completely new to banshees and atvs.

Have a 2002 Banshee with the mods as below.

If I fully choke it, it will start right up. Problem is- it will stall at idle unless I blip the throttle every couple seconds.

It will idle fine with the choke half way out.

Are there idle screws or something I can adjust to make it idle and not stall?

Also, the exhaust that is on there looks like some crazy bull horns or something- is this exhaust worth much and can I put on a quieter exhaust without affecting how the atv runs?

Thanks.

Welcome to the hq :beer: !! Are the tors still on the carbs, or do they just have a cap on them? You need to see what size pilot and main jets are in the carbs and where your air screw is set at, it will make it esier to figure out the problem if we know. take some pics of the pipes and post them so we can figure out what kind they are.

Completely new to banshees and atvs.

Have a 2002 Banshee with the mods as below.

If I fully choke it, it will start right up. Problem is- it will stall at idle unless I blip the throttle every couple seconds.

It will idle fine with the choke half way out.

Are there idle screws or something I can adjust to make it idle and not stall?

Also, the exhaust that is on there looks like some crazy bull horns or something- is this exhaust worth much and can I put on a quieter exhaust without affecting how the atv runs?

Thanks.

first welcome to the site. what are your mods? also temp, weak spark, TORS, and dirty air filter can effect your bike idle. if it runs fine on half choke while warmed up you can either up the size of your pilot or it can be a temp issue and you may have to come in on your air screws if its colder

wow-thanks for the responses and welcomes.

This board looks like a great source for information.

The mods (as the seller listed them for me) are race exhaust system pro circuit ,race reed valves v force , K&N air filter , ITP rims, razor tires.

four-wheeler.jpg

And yes I am a complete newb- what are TORS?

The air filter is a big k&n and looks clean and lightly oiled.

those pipes are about $200 give or take shipping. if you want quieter you have limited choices. you may just need to repack you silencers. stock pipes are going to be the quietest however you will lose performance. the TORS are big goofy things on top of your carbs that look like a box and they have the idle adjusters on it. but the air adjusters themselfs are on the left side of the carbs. looks like a nice bike though have fun with it

looks like it may have a boost bottle on it. if it does remove as soon as possible and get a stock cross over tube. also check the intake boots where the bost bottle slides into for cracks.

also might look for air leaks O-ring on the choke could be warn out.........and they are metric or just replace the whole choke for about 25 bucks......