my banshee sputters

travis6767

ok i have had this problem for a while now and i need to get it fixed so please help if you can

shee starts and idles great when its just sitting still in i can rev it and it is very crisp and sounds great but when i go to ride it, it starts to sputter kinda cut out at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, like its running outta gas but its a little rich so i cant see where fuel would be the problem

i have a plus 4 timing plate, brand new reeds, stock pilots, 300 mains ive tried 270 through 310 same problem, needle is in the 3rd clip, pickup coil set a .020'' tors removal, it has 135psi in each cylinder

if you have any suggestions please let me know

thanks

if its a mid prob then try to richen your needle one clip. also i assume since you have a +4 timing plate you prolly have pipes and filters so i would up the main first and try that. i am at 320 main when it was warm with just pipes and pods

Edited by Paddleboy

it does have pods and toomey t-5 and is mx ported by trinity, i didnt have this problem until after the new timing plate and it used to have fmf rad valves in it with the cages, and i was running 280 mains, and it ran great , now i have stock cages and boyseen reeds. could the reeds and cages be the problem???

it does have pods and toomey t-5 and is mx ported by trinity, i didnt have this problem until after the new timing plate and it used to have fmf rad valves in it with the cages, and i was running 280 mains, and it ran great , now i have stock cages and boyseen reeds. could the reeds and cages be the problem???

im having almost the same problem and i also have the boysens on stock cages i went from a 230 jet that was in it when i gott it then a 270 and now a 310 and its still doing it. but only my right side spudders i have tryed everything mine has been spuddering sence i bought it about a month ago all i have left to try is bigger polits (im runnig stock) and new needles. i think its the reeds... some ppl say that boyseens r good but i think there shit mine were in there when i bought it and havent had the money for v-force 3's yet but they will b going in as soon as i get the money ....... my buddy had same setup with his trx250r boyseens on stock cages and had the same problem with the spuddering ...... but could also b something else i have changed seals, jets, synked carbs, checked coils and plugs, unrapped my hole wire harnis to check 4 bad/loose ground and also tryed groundin coils straight to frame if u change reeds please let me kno if it fixes it

i think i am having the same problem as you. i have boyesen power reeds and they are great but the right side wont hit all the time. it hits at low rpms but not at high rpms. it misses at low rpm too. i dont know what it is. new cdi new coil new plugs. it might be the stator but i dont know. i had the same problem with the stock reeds too. the boyesen seemed to help with mine though but now all i am having is problems even though it has been weeks.

i think i am having the same problem as you. i have boyesen power reeds and they are great but the right side wont hit all the time. it hits at low rpms but not at high rpms. it misses at low rpm too. i dont know what it is. new cdi new coil new plugs. it might be the stator but i dont know. i had the same problem with the stock reeds too. the boyesen seemed to help with mine though but now all i am having is problems even though it has been weeks.

mine has some aftermaket stator in it idk what kind it was in there when i bought it but i kno its not oem bc the wires r diff but i checked with a digram and made sure they all went to the right place theres a spare white wire on my stator?? i have done everything even down to the fuel filter and blowing out the fuel lines its getting to b a pain.....idk but i have had a few ppl tell me the boyseens r no good unless u get the hole reed and cage package, but if you having luck with them thats good im just starting to run out of reasons for the spuddering. pilots reeds and stator is all i have left.....