burning transmission fluid on clutch side cylinder

Dcuzz23

i think i have a bad crank seal on the clutch side of my engine. this bank (passenger side)is running xtremely rich and smells like burnt gear oil. note wutever is behind the exhaust when its running gets covered in oil. also the bike as soon as it starts revs right up and wont idle down-sounds like about half throttle. the rich side is smoking like i poured a gallon of engine fog in the cylinder and heats up really fast as the opposing cylinder stays cool and despite the high engine idle seems to be combusting properly. the heat on the passenger side leads me to believe that its burning the gear oil as it makes its way pass the seal resulting in the uncontrolable raise in rpm. is this possible?? if not wut could cause this?? if so--can i replace the seal without splitting the cases or do they have to be split.

please help!!! :banghead:

i think i have a bad crank seal on the clutch side of my engine. this bank (passenger side)is running xtremely rich and smells like burnt gear oil. note wutever is behind the exhaust when its running gets covered in oil. also the bike as soon as it starts revs right up and wont idle down-sounds like about half throttle. the rich side is smoking like i poured a gallon of engine fog in the cylinder and heats up really fast as the opposing cylinder stays cool and despite the high engine idle seems to be combusting properly. the heat on the passenger side leads me to believe that its burning the gear oil as it makes its way pass the seal resulting in the uncontrolable raise in rpm. is this possible?? if not wut could cause this?? if so--can i replace the seal without splitting the cases or do they have to be split.

please help!!! :banghead:

I think you hit the nail on the head with the crank seal being blown and yes you do have to split the case to change the seals.