Wont start

nfk

The last time I rode I noticed the lights getting dimmer and dimmer when the bike was idleing but they looked fine when running at higher RPM's. the next morning I went out to start it and it would not start. it always starts in 3-4 kicks. When i pulled it with another bike to start it it fired right up. When I finally got it running it would run ok at anything above an idle but at an idle it would die. I tried a new set of plugs and had the same problems. I was thinking maybe the stator but I was looking for any advice for other places to look. The bike is mostly stock with tors removed, and pipes. Thanks.

The last time I rode I noticed the lights getting dimmer and dimmer when the bike was idleing but they looked fine when running at higher RPM's. the next morning I went out to start it and it would not start. it always starts in 3-4 kicks. When i pulled it with another bike to start it it fired right up. When I finally got it running it would run ok at anything above an idle but at an idle it would die. I tried a new set of plugs and had the same problems. I was thinking maybe the stator but I was looking for any advice for other places to look. The bike is mostly stock with tors removed, and pipes. Thanks.

well the stator and lights are supposed to do that. and the cdi has different coils, for that, if could be the pickup gap, dirty pickup, or low compression, having to pullstart is is either a sing of that or bad stator. but could also be plugged pilot jets. id clean the carbs first, and check the pickup and coil for rust and debries.