What should I do? 600rr for NICE 'shee

jj600rr

Hey guys, I'm new to quads and this forum. Any input would be great. I have the oppurtunity to get trade my 2005 cbr600rr for this 2001 banshee+$1000 http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/898330111.html Should I do it? Is it worth it? Also, I don't intend on racing, but I want an MX set-up. This bike is set-up for hillclimb races and flattrack. Would I be able to use the existing suspension for an MX set-up with out too much work just by raising it? Or does it hav to be resprung/revalved? It has a +2 swing arm, would this be suitable for what I want? Thanks.

Yeah the susp. would need to be reworked for mx and the swinger I'd sell it and go for a short negative length swinger, aside from that it seems like you'd have a pretty sick mx bike. I'm not sure what the cbr's are selling for but an 05 cbr and a grand? Seems a bit steep to me, maybe the cbr and a few to 500 seems a little more reasonable. It's your call, it depends on how bad you want a quad.

I think the trade is for the banshee plus a gnote.he's just giving up the 600rr.

Yeah, what mia-shee said. He's giving me $1100 and his shee for my 600rr. I have my 600rr posted for $4800. That's all it's worth this time of year in Colorado. Two months ago the guy had the banshee posted for $5700(check out link at top of thread). He said the suspension was tuned for MX. He said all I have to do is put a different dogbone on the rear which he will include, and that the front isn't lowered he just runs a swaybar. Does this sound consistent? I just don't want to have to do any serious/costly things to suspension to make it a legit mx/rec bike. Like I said before I don't know much about quads, just getting into it. I just know that on bikes it's not that easy to switch from supermoto to MX. Anymore input would be appreciated.

I wouldnt do it. I would sell the 600rr. Buy a used Banshee and with the extra money left over build the Banshee yourself. I would think your 600rr is worth more than 3600 which is the asking price for the banshee. Plus he wants another gnote. NO way I would. But thats me.

And I don't think I can buy a used banshee and build it like this one for $4800. He has 2k in the cylinder head, 2k in suspension, powdercoated frame, polished motor, etc....

that is a sweet shee. what kinda cylinder head costs 2k? not that i dont believe it but thats nuts

409 T-REX $2000. Yeah that is crazy. I would necer pay that much or put the kind of money that he has in this thing. That's why I couldn't pass up the trade. I couldn't build this bike for $3500 which is essentially what I paid for it.