Best Year Banshee

oofreakoo

I was looking to buy a banshee in the next couple of weeks and just wanted to check in with you guys. Is there a particular year that this quad had anymore problems than others? It seems like the 87's are going for cheap (2k) but I can still stay pretty close to that price going all the way up into the 90's. Any suggestions while I shop?

Thanks!

I was looking to buy a banshee in the next couple of weeks and just wanted to check in with you guys. Is there a particular year that this quad had anymore problems than others? It seems like the 87's are going for cheap (2k) but I can still stay pretty close to that price going all the way up into the 90's. Any suggestions while I shop?

Thanks!

I'd go as new as I could, just because of the wear & tear but new isn't always better!!

Just dont jump on the 1st one you find, unless you know for sure its to good to pass up, theres sooo many out there. Just check it out real good, you can usually tell if someone has taken pretty good care of it. If you go look at one and its dirty as hell, well pretty good odds thats one, that hasn't been well kept or appreciated.

Good Luck

Buy as new as you can afford, and don't rush into it.

Do a compression test.

Have a buddy look at it who knows something about quads.

If it has a boost bottle...slap the guy and tell him what an idiot he is.

If you buy one with a boost bottle....rip it off right in front of the guy, and run it over in your pickup.

EDIT-

If you get a new one, be prepared to take care of it!

I almost wish mine wasn't so nice so I could beat on her more...but I like looking clean and new better. :)

The beauty of the Banshee is that since it came out in '87 until its demise in '06 any year is really as good as another. I love my '06 but I have ridden an 88 that is just as much fun. Buy one taken care of. Buy one that the owner appreciated the machine.