banshee_ninenine

hi i have a 2003 banshee with

timing plate

dmc aliens

v force 2

k n filter

nerfs

spacers

leme know if im right in what would be best to setup for mx that can be used in dunes to,

arms

axle

elka all round long travel shocks

bars, levers , grips

would a low end pipe be better? i think theres one called a dmc 916 or something like that

1 carb , whats this 1 carb exactly do and what company makes it?

porting for low end

i think thats about it. if i missed anything out or added the wrong thing leme know. also how much would it cost for all these mods? i know the shocks with arms , brake lines, cost 1900 but duno about everything else maybe around 3000. im gona be selling my yfz because its nothing but problems and would need the cash to make a decent mx quad . so would like to know if id have enough cash for the parts and some left over for shipping overseas

thanks

I wouldn't say better off, unless he's trying to race at a national level. Otherwise you'll spend about the same, and if you like the banshee, like being different then I think it'd be worth it even if it costs more.

Cost is going to depend on how you approach you MX mods. For instance, obviously you're going to want an axle, a arms, shorter swing arm, and susp. This is where the money is at.. If you use the yfz a arms and have some yfz shocks reworked by TCS or Works or some other susp. company then you could have a pretty nice front end for less then a grand easy. The stock swinger you could have shortend but in all honesty you'll be glad you made the switch to a round house, funds permitting. Then the rear shock can just be redone by a susp. company. Axle, you could get buy with a G-Force. They seem to hold up well.

Engine, you'll want some "low/mid" pipes like paulturners (my favorit) but really if you get porting you'll want to see what your engine builder reccomends. Same goes for the carb set up, you may not need to run a 2-1 set up.

There's really a lot of small things you can do to help here and there. Like the YFZ front spindles/hubs allow you to run the dual piston calipers up front for better stopping power coming into the corners. A steering stabilizer will become your best friend also.

Really beyond that you just need to get out there and practice practice practice and get the feel of your bike.

I built my entire bike off used parts from this site. Front end with shocks and the rear axle I paid 1200 bucks. Yes you dont come across deals like that all the time but they are out there. Port work cool head new pistons, reeds and timing plate around a grand. and he still has a grand to spend. So tell me what you were saying about not being able to build one for 3000?

true they have some killer deals out there. and on here! shorter swing and +2 arms are pretty important to get the motor centered better if you gonna mx. suspension would be my first thing. good shocks make it so nice also just hitting the trails.

marrineNYC, very fine example! :notworthy:

• 3 weeks later...
Im serious!!! I got drunk tonight and ordered HUBS!!!! Fuck ME!!!!

I feel ya man..Thats how I got my a arms got...I was drunk on here one night bored and I saw where DRAGBANSHEE saw these Wicked arms on ebay cheap so I kept clickin till it said I won..lmao :yelrotflmao: