needing guru advice

jahdleyh

Ok ive got a stock shee with some mikuni carbs (size of the carbs are unknown) So hit me with it. ive got roughly 3800 to play with. id like to focus mainly on suspension and motor work id like to know were i can get some reputable work done on my motor. I will be tearing down the whole motor this weekend. So from carbs to the exhaust let me know what you guys know recommend. oh and id like to keep the chassis stock except for the swingarm. Hp goals are around 90 to 100 hp. Thanks for all the advice Justin.

Ooooo. This is going to be fun. Finally someone with money. Lol. First of all. You should drop the money anyway. Considering your prolly going to be around for a while if you do build a drag bike. Lol.

So we are going to start off with your choice of motor builders. You have(no particular order); LC Performance, Herr Jugs Racing, F.A.S.T., A&S Racing, Passion Racing Engines, K&T Performance, Twister crankshafts, White Knuckle Racing, Mattoon Machine, Wicked ATV and Packard Racing. That is just a few that I can think of right now. There are a lot more. There are also some that are coming into the business as I write this.

So, we should talk about crank sizes. If you want to go the cheapest route for a nice drag motor, get a 4mil crank. Once you order your 4mil crank, send your jugs off to one of the fine businesses I mentioned earlier, and ask them to drag port it. You could also ask them to bore it 68 over. Now you have a 421 Cub. So then let's talk about the fuel. You have a pretty powerful motor. Mine as well back it up with some good fuel. Go with methanol. You might want to go with 35mm PWK's set up for alky. Now, to get her to breath. Grab up some CPI inframes. With all of that, your motor builder will be able to tell you what kind of head and domes you'll need. A +4 swingarm will get you in the right direction for that longer stance. As far as suspension goes. Marvin shaws are a great way to lighten up your bike a little bit. That will rely heavily on what you do with the bike though. I say go with the shaws, if you are just going to drag it. If not then you are going to have to find another way. Also, if you are going to just drag it, keep the same width on the a-arms, just get ones that are +1 or +2 forward.

And that my friend, is a nasty drag bike. And hey, I left you with some money for tires!

:yelrotflmao:

Ooooo. This is going to be fun. Finally someone with money. Lol. First of all. You should drop the money anyway. Considering your prolly going to be around for a while if you do build a drag bike. Lol.

So we are going to start off with your choice of motor builders. You have(no particular order); LC Performance, Herr Jugs Racing, F.A.S.T., A&S Racing, Passion Racing Engines, K&T Performance, Twister crankshafts, White Knuckle Racing, Mattoon Machine, Wicked ATV and Packard Racing. That is just a few that I can think of right now. There are a lot more. There are also some that are coming into the business as I write this.

So, we should talk about crank sizes. If you want to go the cheapest route for a nice drag motor, get a 4mil crank. Once you order your 4mil crank, send your jugs off to one of the fine businesses I mentioned earlier, and ask them to drag port it. You could also ask them to bore it 68 over. Now you have a 421 Cub. So then let's talk about the fuel. You have a pretty powerful motor. Mine as well back it up with some good fuel. Go with methanol. You might want to go with 35mm PWK's set up for alky. Now, to get her to breath. Grab up some CPI inframes. With all of that, your motor builder will be able to tell you what kind of head and domes you'll need. A +4 swingarm will get you in the right direction for that longer stance. As far as suspension goes. Marvin shaws are a great way to lighten up your bike a little bit. That will rely heavily on what you do with the bike though. I say go with the shaws, if you are just going to drag it. If not then you are going to have to find another way. Also, if you are going to just drag it, keep the same width on the a-arms, just get ones that are +1 or +2 forward.

And that my friend, is a nasty drag bike. And hey, I left you with some money for tires!

:yelrotflmao: Thats good because he is going to need some good tires....LOL

If you are going to build a DRAG ONLY shee....

4 mil cub

4 mil crank

NOSS head with domes cut for methanol and blaster pistons, 20cc

10 over to 12 over swingarm

Override trans

Lockup clutch and cover

FAST Clutch

39mm carbs or bigger

Out of frame Shearer or CPI pipes (depends on what your builder suggests)

Longer Chain

Different gearing (depending on how long of distances you want to run)

Marvin Shaw rear shock

Once you're done with that....buy all the lightened hardware you can, axle, arms, etc.

Also...Methanol requirements for 300 foot vs. 1/8 mile is going to be different, could be the difference between running billet bowls, and billet bowls, a fuel pump, etc. So...how far are you going to run?

If this is going to be more of a duner than a drag bike, keep it on gas, but stay with 39mm or bigger carbs....but you said drag, drag racers use methanol.... It's cheap 5-10% more power.

Actually, you're in luck.

blewbyu (Jeff) is selling his 4 mil stock cylinder setup. It would cost you half as much to buy this setup, and with his 180lb ass on it, it kept up with our big 4 to 10 mil cubs all day long at the drag strip, it would be a FRACTION of the price....and you could spend money on light go fast parts, powder coat and chrome/billet accessories.

I will let him give you a run down on what he has, but he went with a bigger 10 mil cub motor, and he's already torn down his old motor and is ready to sell it.

Sorry for the late reply but i work 14 hour shifts mon-sat so firsts things first what do i need to do after i pull the motor sunday cause thats the only day i have to fuck around. Oh and what the hell are (jugs) i heard someone say that and the type of racing i will be doing is 8th mile. I was also told that the previous owner had the motor bored over to a 400....not sure how true it is but id still rather build the shit out of it so i know what is done to it. Sooooooo. Im gonna let you guys guide me..or mabey i should say guide my money to the right places. I think i have found my new addiction God help me. Oh and buy the way you guys are the freakin shit i have never met nicer people on a forum in my life damn im excited.

Sorry for the late reply but i work 14 hour shifts mon-sat so firsts things first what do i need to do after i pull the motor sunday cause thats the only day i have to fuck around. Oh and what the hell are (jugs) i heard someone say that and the type of racing i will be doing is 8th mile. I was also told that the previous owner had the motor bored over to a 400....not sure how true it is but id still rather build the shit out of it so i know what is done to it. Sooooooo. Im gonna let you guys guide me..or mabey i should say guide my money to the right places. I think i have found my new addiction God help me. Oh and buy the way you guys are the freakin shit i have never met nicer people on a forum in my life damn im excited.

you will be addicted..welcome to A.A.

and blewbyu's (Jeff) 4mill set up does rip! if you want to save a few bucks and use it for some chassis lightening and such.that would be the set up to purchase IMO

and by the way welcome to the HQ :thumbsup: