mikuni to keihin jet cross reference

rtcc

Dude I know, it was always a bitch cause most people are running a lot smaller mains than my bike and it made things confusing.

But a lot of people step up to a bigger pilot already too.

I dont know, but my bike has always LOVED the 340's, it was always spot on and never fouled plugs or anything. Plug chop was always right on.

I was usually 2 turns out on the air screws too.

its always been weird.

yeah man, if it runs hard and long, leave it! theres probly power to be had by leaning it out, but it wouldnt be much and leaning out when it doesnt really need it is a dangerous game! r u 100% sure it hasn't been ported?

i have a set of RZ jugs with monster porting done to them, and with 35 keihin air strykers, they will pull 220 main jets (biggest keihin make) all the way to 10,500rpm, and the plugs look good. the more you lean it out from there though, the faster it gets...

all im tryin to say is, every bike's different, just give it what it wants and be done with it!

• 2 years later...

list all the mods, the elevation and temps that you will b riding at and we will be able to get you close

Hey man I have the same question maybe you can help me. Right now I'm running the stock twin 26mm Mikuni Carburetors with the T.O.R.S. Delete Kit and a Vito's Stage III Jet Kit (340 Mains and #30 Pilots). I'm replacing them with a set of Keihin 28mm Carburetors. The mods I have on my bike are:

.020 Bore, Hot Rod's Forged Crank, Wiseco Pro-Lite Forged Aluminum Pistons, Trinity Stage IV Cool Head/20cc Domes, Chariot Billet Reed Cages/Boyesen Power Reeds, Chariot Billet Reed Cage Spacers, Stock Air Box/Outerwear's Lid/Outerwear Snorkel Booty, Ready High Flow Filter, Magnum Boost Bottle, Paul Turner Mids/Fat Boy Silencers, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, Dynatec Ignition Coil, High Output Ricky Stator, RMStator Adjustable Timing Plate (+4°)Oversized Aluminum Radiator, CV-4 Cap, Mod-Quad Billet Water Impeller, TM-Design Works Billet water Pump Housing, Mod-Quad Billet Inline Coolers.

I Mostly trail ride my Banshee, but I do run and Hare Scrambles and do pretty good. IMO my bike has the power and suspension set up to win. I built my motor for low-mid power every mod I put on the bike benefits the bottom end power range. at first I was running 13/42 gearing and it was awesome in to woods you could just about lug it around like a 4 stroke. But I would get smoked in a open field, I bet it wouldn't do 60mph top end, the power band was so strong but it was way to short. I ended up going with a 15/42 gearing set and that made my Banshee bad.

Please get back with me and let me know what jetting is needed with the Keihin's.

Thank you,

JCT

190011_10150117297984828_742274827_6383387_5035952_n.jpg148383_469049719827_742274827_5522082_6070793_n.jpg 1 1

• 12 years later...

Hey guys I have a banshee with 20cc domes and .50 over wizco pistons fmf fattys with fmf power core 2 silencers I have stocks carbs running 350 mains and stock pilots I believe and it’s running way to lean like plugs are  white to lean I’m running a boss racing intake could really use some help on why it could run lean on 350 mains