YFZ A-Arms

96_Banshee

Does anybody know if YZF 450 A-arms will fit on a banshee? I think ive seen picyures of this but not sure. I mentioned it to my dad and hes interested in buying some. Can some one post pics and give the negatives and postitves about them? Thanks!!

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...9059&hl=450 I installed a set on mine the other night but haven't gotten a chance to ride yet. Also rartor 700 arms are the same.

hey thanks!! let me know how shee rides

450 a-arms on a banshee?!?! who would do such a crazy thing, i dont think it can be done, unless of course your father is a tv repairman and you have the ultimate set of tools

is that a serious answer or not?? :shrug: lol

well lets see this is my dads second shee and 3rd warrior i also had 3mx bikes and we just completly re-did my truck and are in the process of a street 69 camaro and a drag 72 nova so i obviously think we got the tools. and hes not a tv repair man hes a lift truck mechanic! lol

now from what ive read the 450 shocks are alot nicer and the arms will help handeling and jumping? correct?

Save your money for a nice set of aftermarket Shee arms from Lone Star, Laeger, or if feel really lavish, go Roll Design. There could be no good suspension benefit over going with a set of aftermarket 2+1 arms that are built for the Banshee front end geometry.

Would you put Jeep tires on a Ferrari?

Save your money for a nice set of aftermarket Shee arms from Lone Star, Laeger, or if feel really lavish, go Roll Design. There could be no good suspension benefit over going with a set of aftermarket 2+1 arms that are built for the Banshee front end geometry.

Would you put Jeep tires on a Ferrari?

so then the a arms are pretty much for look?

and the shocks would be benifical?

so then the a arms are pretty much for look?

and the shocks would be benifical?

the arms will add about 2" wide and 1" forward (maybe it was 1/2") cant remember. The reason they are recommending aftermarket is:

You need to modify the lower arms to fit. This requires cutting and adding a spacer. Not that hard to do.

The front end will sit a little lower. This can be fixed by using different lenth shocks but not sure wich ones ( I am still confused on the complete swap also).

The stock spindles will not allow full movement of the arms. 450 spindles can be swaped also.

There is a ton of info on this, so much that it can be confusing. Do some searching and I hope this will help some also.

the arms will add about 2" wide and 1" forward (maybe it was 1/2") cant remember.

The front end will sit a little lower.

Thats just over 2-1/2 wider per side.

I measured the hight on mine before and after, and came out an inch lower which was nice. I bag the shit outa these arms and they do me good.

Thats just over 2-1/2 wider per side.

I measured the hight on mine before and after, and came out an inch lower which was nice. I bag the shit outa these arms and they do me good.

how is it in rough terrain? I guess you coould always run a taller front tire. I have been looking into doing the swap for the "other" banshee and if I could get it set up right, may consider it for my trail banshee.

Oh....nice bike :thumbsup: