carb dilema/advice

bode1

I have a fairly stock Banshee with some bolt on parts(see sig), I followed the directions for the jetting that came with the T5's and the bike has run flawlessly since everything was installed. I was thinking about new carbs and I located and bought a pair of used 36mm Keihin PWK carbs with intake and airbox boots., but I have not installed them yet. I do all of my riding at sea level, and it is mostly trail and gravel pit riding. I have enough power now to kill myself, however when we line up on the road to race I can't stand losing. So, my dilema is: should I install the carbs or just sell them? I guess what I am looking for is a little more top end, with an increasE across the whole power band. From what I've read in other posts, I think these carbs are going to be too big. Should I sell them for port work, aND rejet the stock ones, or trade them for a more appropriate carb for my bike and riding conditions? What should I do???? Thanks in advance.

Edited by bode1

I have a fairly stock Banshee with some bolt on parts(see sig), I followed the directions for the jetting that came with the T5's and the bike has run flawlessly since everything was installed. I was thinking about new carbs and I located and bought a pair of used 36mm Keihin PWK carbs with intake and airbox boots., but I have not installed them yet. I do all of my riding at sea level, and it is mostly trail and gravel pit riding. I have enough power now to kill myself, however when we line up on the road to race I can't stand losing. So, my dilema is: should I install the carbs or just sell them? I guess what I am looking for is a little more top end, with an increasE across the whole power band. From what I've read in other posts, I think these carbs are going to be too big. Should I sell them for port work, aND rejet the stock ones, or trade them for a more appropriate carb for my bike and riding conditions? What should I do???? Thanks in advance.

port it

"port it"

Yeah, I was thinking that I want to go that route at some point, but should I keep the stock carbs or go with the 36's or something inbetween? Who should I get to port it, I was looking at the HSR website I found from a post here, and I had called Trinity last week, but I saw some negative comments about Trinity as well. What is the usual turnaround time on port work?

"port it"

Yeah, I was thinking that I want to go that route at some point, but should I keep the stock carbs or go with the 36's or something inbetween? Who should I get to port it, I was looking at the HSR website I found from a post here, and I had called Trinity last week, but I saw some negative comments about Trinity as well. What is the usual turnaround time on port work?

Herr juggs

Thanks, I think thats what I'm going to do. What do you guys think they are worth? They have the intakes and airbox boots, the throttle cable, and they also have the oversized billet bowls. I don't have the stock bowls.

What carbs do you guys recommend?

Thanks, I think thats what I'm going to do. What do you guys think they are worth? They have the intakes and airbox boots, the throttle cable, and they also have the oversized billet bowls. I don't have the stock bowls.

What carbs do you guys recommend?

maybe you could try trading them for a set of 33mm pwk carbs. just a thought. billet bowls usually run about 125 bucks or so. carbs are usually about 250 i think for a set.. im thinkin if you could swap them for a set of 33's, youd be in good shape.