Split Cases.. few q's

watkins

Howdy All,

Long time no see.....

Anyways I had a bad blow up last November and am just now getting to fixing the shee. I have a few questions.

1. I have a ricky stator HO 200W Stator.. I have gone through a few of these. Last one I had the screws that hold it to the timing plate sheered off. Now sure why or how but I bought another one. Now this new one that was probably only used for 10hrs or so seems to have some issues. The lock washers that act almost like spacers between the stator and timing plate seem to have flattened thus providing the stator with a 1/2 mm or so of play.. anyone else seen this? This may be a trend that could have cause my last stator to self destruct.

2. The flywheel took a ton of work to come off, and in the end ended up in the dumpster. I had to use a ton of heat to get it off. Any way to see if the heating damaged the stator?

3. Crank. Main reason I split the cases is because I totally grenade'd a set of pistons. Sure enough when I pulled the crank the bottom of the crankcase is full of metal. The outside crank bearings have shavings in them as well.. I am assuming the inside ones do too. Any suggestions on cleaning?

4. Oil Drain Plug. This thing has been stripped out so many times. I think I am on the largest size drain plug available. Anyone know what the largest size I can tap up to is? Helicoils and good for this?

5. Pipes. What caused this blow up is the exhaust pipes were rubbing against the head (even though I spaced them out). The left pipe somehow rubbed a hole in the head as well as in the pipe. Jim @ Passion send the head to NOSS and they repaired it. My question is can I just have the hole welded shut?

6. Last one... my clymers manual is being stored very securely in my toyhauler. My toyhauler is about 45min away and I am not looking forward to driving up there for that. Anyone have a lead on a pdf version?

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by watkins

1. That's what RS junk does.. try a search and you'll find tons of negative feedback on Rick Stator! Stick with stock for now.. I don't have any good leads on other aftermarket models.

2. I doubt it was damaged but you'll need a testor, I have a flywheel for you if looking to buy one!

3. I'm hoping you didnt damage the crank end when applying heat to the flywheel. I'm going to suggest a new crank or rebuild. Since that crank will need a trued and weld.. Send it to Port Magic Racing for inspection and rebuild!

4. Yes it will work. I've seen this before and alum weld and a re thread made the original size plug work

5. Yes you can. Alum weld on the head.. Not sure how well it would hold but you can.. The pipe can be welded as well.

6. I don't have it in a pdf file but you can visit the Manual Forum on Everything2Stroke.com for a copy of the repair manual.

1. That's what RS junk does.. try a search and you'll find tons of negative feedback on Rick Stator! Stick with stock for now.. I don't have any good leads on other aftermarket models.

2. I doubt it was damaged but you'll need a testor, I have a flywheel for you if looking to buy one!

3. I'm hoping you didnt damage the crank end when applying heat to the flywheel. I'm going to suggest a new crank or rebuild. Since that crank will need a trued and weld.. Send it to Port Magic Racing for inspection and rebuild!

4. Yes it will work. I've seen this before and alum weld and a re thread made the original size plug work

5. Yes you can. Alum weld on the head.. Not sure how well it would hold but you can.. The pipe can be welded as well.

6. I don't have it in a pdf file but you can visit the Manual Forum on Everything2Stroke.com for a copy of the repair manual.

Look on some old post in here for the down load manual the were some posted....

1. I remember when RS use to have good product.

2. How much for your flywheel?

3. The crank is pretty much brand new. Maybe 15hrs on it. Its a Wiseco Hot Rods Crank. Still think it needs to be replaced?

1. I remember when RS use to have good product.

2. How much for your flywheel?

3. The crank is pretty much brand new. Maybe 15hrs on it. Its a Wiseco Hot Rods Crank. Still think it needs to be replaced?

I want 65 bux for it. I really can't say it needs replacement.. First thought it was a stocker. Once removed from the cases wash it down with carb cleaner.. I'd still send it out for inspection though...

The pipe rubbed a hole clear through the head? Wow!!! I don't do any welding but I would like to see a picture of that.

-David

Actually... LOL you have seen it. Jim @ Passion Racing sent it to you about a year ago. You actually sent it back to me with a new bottom piece of the head, you also cut new domes and sent them as well...

Thanks for the tip the other day about the washers.