I'm Convinced!

Tapatalk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a more up to date chart...

National-Debt-GDP.gif

The gross national debt compared to GDP (how rich we are) reached its lowest level since 1931 as Reagan took office. It skyrocketed for 12 years through Bush I. Clinton reversed it at a peak of 67%. Bush II crossed that line on Sept. 22 and hit 69% on Sept 30. That's the highest it's been since 1955 (53 years ago).

Bush did three things to skyrocket the debt from $5.7 trillion to $10 trillion:

1. He lowered taxes on the rich (by far the biggest item).

2. He invaded Iraq instead of winning in Afghan-Pakistan (another $600 B).

3. He loosened controls on Wall Street.

As it happens, McCain backed all three policies: (1) He backed Bush's tax cuts for the rich and now wants to give them bigger tax cuts. (2) He was gung-ho for the Iraq war from the start. (3) When Katie Couric asked Sarah Palin to name one time McCain suggested regulating Wall Street, she couldn't

I'm in the military and trust me when I tell you that we hear it all.

If you support your troops at all. Then vote for McCain. Obama will take us out of Iraq/Afghanistan and make us look like a bunch of idiots. On top of that, he is going to take money from the troops every year to help support those on welfare. Where do you think the money comes from to get us out of defecit? Taking it from the American military.

That's my .02.

Health Care for Veterans Amendment (McCain voted No)

To ensure that future funding for health care for former members of the Armed Forces takes into account changes in population and inflation.

Additional Funding For Veterans Amendment (McCain Voted No)

To provide an additional $500,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2006 through 2010, to be used for readjustment counseling, related mental health services, and treatment and rehabilitative services for veterans with mental illness, post-traumatic stress disorder, or substance use disorder.

While Obama voted Yes to both issues.....hmmmm.

And Obama voted yes to the Lobbying and Donation Regulations bill which increases regulations on members of Congress regarding lobbyists and donations. McCain voted NO.

Obama said YES to the "Expressing Support for All Men and Women in the U.S. Armed Forces" which opposes comments that criticize the honor, integrity, and patriotism of individuals serving or having served honorably in the United States Armed Forces. McCain voted no.

Obama said YES to "Investigating Contracts in Iraq Amendment" which was to To establish a special committee of the Senate to investigate the awarding and carrying out of contracts to conduct activities in Afghanistan and Iraq and to fight the war on terrorism. McCain voted NO Friends with cheney maybe?

Obama voted YES to the "Time Between Troop Deployments" which adds language to HR 1585 establishing mandatory minimum rest periods for members of the regular and reserve components of the armed forces between deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, and expressing the sense of the Congress concerning ideal rest periods between these deployments. McCain voted NO.

Obama voted YES to "GI Bill and Other Domestic Provisions" that provides education funding for eligible members of the Armed Forces, extends unemployment compensation, establishes moratoria on certain actions regarding Medicaid, and appropriates a total of $28.67 billion for various domestic and international purposes. McCain didn't vote.

I'm all for our military and have family and friends in the military. My friend pulled Saddam out of the hole with a couple other guys. But when our debt looks like it does, our economy looks like it does, the middle class is moving under the bridge, our jobs are being shipped over seas, our infrastructure is falling apart, Iraq has a surplus of 80 million/billion whatever it is, and is doing nothing but sucking us dry at the tune of 10B a month not to mention another $610 billion dollar bill that just got passed for Iraq last week hidden behind the bail out bill, sorry, buts its time to bring our troops home and start taking care of us.

Research doesn't = researching all the positive about Obama and all the negative about McCain. That's call politics, NOT doing your own research.

And no, I didn't copy/paste this^^^

Lets see, negatives about Obama. He smoked pot 30 years ago (been there dont that) some would point out hes black but I dont, hes got a "funny name" I dont care, he had coffee with Ayers, dont care about that either, Obama was 8 years old when ayers was active. Hmmm........ anything else? Nope, Obamas record speaks for itself and so does his plan for america. McCain on the other hand? he does not impress nor fool me in the least.

You've obviously made up your mind already. I'm not here to change that or get into a heated debate about it. You do bring up good points. But as ar as McCain not impressing you and bringing up the past about Obama. Where is the part about McCain being a prisoner of war? I think that's a big deal when we are talking about their pasts. Not really a big deal for who I am going to elect, but still a big deal to me.

Lets see, negatives about Obama. He smoked pot 30 years ago (been there dont that) some would point out hes black but I dont, hes got a "funny name" I dont care, he had coffee with Ayers, dont care about that either, Obama was 8 years old when ayers was active. Hmmm........ anything else? Nope, Obamas record speaks for itself and so does his plan for america. McCain on the other hand? he does not impress nor fool me in the least.

you cannot possibly believe those are the only negatives about obama, are you really that fucking dumb? if so you are alot dumber than myself and others probably thought

Personally I think Obama Will win. I will vote McCain even though he has pulled almost all his campeign funds out of MI, I dont think Obama has the expereince he needs to be a good leader. Palin has more experience as a leader than does Obama. I also have a deep respect for McCain and what he has done for this country. Im a fan of his were America and were not going to take any shit attitude. Personally I dont think any one man can turn around the country like its a lightswitch. Washington is so fucked up with its special interest groups putting money in all the wrong places. I dont care if a Democrat or Republican is in the White House I only care that they do what is right for the country and the people in it, In fact I think the whole party system if fucked up, why do we always have to devide ourselves into parties maybe if we combine the best of both worlds and not spend all our time seeing whos dick is bigger shit will get done.

Just my .02

Edited by dekker