Hard to get into Nuetral

jjn56

When my Banshee is running it is hard as hell to almost impossible to get into nuetral. As soon as you shut it off its no problem, pops right in. Whats going on. Also if you start it in Nuetral there is some grinding sounds but not real bad. Don't hear it in any other gear. Shifts through all the gears no prob also.

When my Banshee is running it is hard as hell to almost impossible to get into nuetral. As soon as you shut it off its no problem, pops right in. Whats going on. Also if you start it in Nuetral there is some grinding sounds but not real bad. Don't hear it in any other gear. Shifts through all the gears no prob also.

Can't say on the grinding, but all stock shifting banshees nuetral is hard to find. A shift star mod will help. I've got bearings in my shift shaft, shifting drum and the shift star mod and mine shifts like butter through all gears with the motor off. Not too bad of a constant mesh tranny!

SP

you probably need to aling the clutch arm to the arrow on your cases........the grinding might have something to do with that as well cuz if the arm is not aling your bike might be trying to get into gear

Edited by bada450r

When I'm in neutral, my gears make noise when the clutch isn't pulled. Its pretty normal. Especially on older engines. In order to align the arrows you have to take the clutch cover off. So yeah, you gotta drain the oil and the coolant.

Yeah, if I pull in the clutch the noise stops also, So if I disconnect the clutch cable and push on the arm untill I feel resistance the arrows should be lined up right, how much off can you be and still be OK, I'm about 1/4" off to the left of the bike looks like.

hey where are these arrows at?

One is on the arm on top of the left side of the motor that the clutch cable goes into that actuates the pushrod for the clutch, the other is a mark on the case itself. Does anyone have a pic to throw up...If you have a manual it will show you.

You have a manual? ya may need to adjust the fingers to where it grabs the shiftdrum. easy to do and helps with the neutral issue most of the time

Yeah I do, is this the same thing as lining the arrows up or is this something different? What section in the manual? I was looking under clutch adjustment 2-15.