overheating a stock 2008 banshee

D-Roc

i was out on my stock banshee yesterday and was riding it a bit harder than i usually have been (break in period) and it suddenly stalled. The engine felt hotter then normal but not sure of temp. the bike would start up on first kick and idle but would stall if i stab the throttle. if i stabbed the throttle very quickly and it would rev a bit then stab throttle again and again i could get it to rev up normal and then ride it. it behaved like this for about 15 min. once i had the bike moving and ripping it would run fine, as soon as i slowed right down and idled then went to take off it would stall. it is not the same bog as the parking brake. i noticed very little smoke/ no smoke at all and i am running 24:1 so it should be smoking. i got all paranoid thinking i forgot to premix the fuel but i did. i checked. i washed it down and let it sit while eating dinner and took it out and it ran fine and smoked like normal. just before it started acting up i was trying wheelies, for 10 minutes straight, slow little 1st gear wheelies. do these stock carbs not like to be stood up in wheelies and let air in the fuel system or doe the overheat sensor make it act like this? any input is appreciated.

Check your spark plugs,see if the cross over tube between your carbs is connected.Has the bike been sittting at all?If the plugs look good and the tube is connected then clean your carbs.If you still have problems do a compression test.If the compression is 120 or better then your probbly looking at electrical.Do the easy stuff first then let us know how it goes..JB

The small hose that comes from the top of the head goes back up to the top tank on the radiator. If it is going into some type of electrical box, that could pose a problem to say the least.....

Oh yeah, I thought the last production year for the Banshee was 2006 or 2007??? It's not just Cali either, because I remember seeing the last Banshee that K&N Yamaha in Tulsa, OK had on the showroom in 06 or 07 whichever it was.

Edited by Tim Potteiger

The small hose that comes from the top of the head goes back up to the top tank on the radiator. If it is going into some type of electrical box, that could pose a problem to say the least.....

Oh yeah, I thought the last production year for the Banshee was 2006 or 2007??? It's not just Cali either, because I remember seeing the last Banshee that K&N Yamaha in Tulsa, OK had on the showroom in 06 or 07 whichever it was.

yeah the hose does go into the rad, i was confused and somehow looked at the hose and followed it up and somewhere i started looking at a plug wire which goes into the coil.....duh! Canada bro, we got the banshee for two more years. I got the last one available in ontario that the dealerships could find. thanks for the input, the quad has been running fine since an i don't knwo what was causing this, it seemed like ignition but who knows.