The perfect carbs for duning

brokenzipper

Hey guys,

I'm curious on your opinions of what the best size/brand of carbs would be for a nice banshee with mild porting, T5's, cool head w/ 20cc domes. 66.25mm pistons. I purchased a Cascade Innovations 2 into 1 carb setup (pwk35, 200 main, 50 pilot, EEJ needle on 4th clip, a/f screw 1 1/2 turns out) last summer but haven't had the best of luck with it. It seems to be constantly lean. Which is what I've read can often be the case with this setup. I bought my shee with dual pwk35 air striker carbs (unsure of the specifics) and running a boost bottle. I've heard that boost bottles are crap too... So what would be the optimum size carbs to go back to a dual carb setup if always riding the dunes? I appreciate your responses...

It seems to be constantly lean.

ive never ran a 2-1 setup but i believe the cause of that is the fuel level in the float bowl is lower than it is in a dual setup, because now you only have one bowl supplying fuel to the engine. you have to set your float higher or run a bigger billet bowl.

also i would run dual 33s for duning.

ive never ran a 2-1 setup but i believe the cause of that is the fuel level in the float bowl is lower than it is in a dual setup, because now you only have one bowl supplying fuel to the engine. you have to set your float higher or run a bigger billet bowl.

also i would run dual 33s for duning.

Thats not it.

That jetting looks very rich. I dont recommend the 2 into 1 for sand dunes, so I would switch to twin carbs anyway.