which car to get

Ryda85

i would get the evo the vet would not look right with a trailer with a shee on it lol.

or just get a s10 extream with a built small block. or i could sell you my truck its a gem tops out at like 75 but gets great mpg i would let her go for about 15 20 thousandCamera015.jpg

hands dowm get the 'vette evo's are ok but i spank 'em all day with my ls1 unless they are heavy modded, but like was stated earlier the lsx motors love the boost and n20 then it would really be a beating on those evo's

EVO or C5 Z06?

Since I have driven and beaten the piss out of both cars, my choice would be the Z06.

The Z06 handles great, makes a decent amount of power in stock form (brother's went 12.02@116mph with a clutch that was slipping most of the way down the track),Very easy to make more power, is comfortabe to drive and will hold it's value so much better than the Evo.

The Evo handles like a go cart, has a better interior, motor can make 500+hp to the wheels with just bolt ons (stock internals, stock ECU) on Pump gas, Drive line will hold up if you properly set up the suspension (Avoid the EVO 9 MR 6spd), and the car can easily be found for $15-20K in decent shape.

Down side is that the EVO's are really getting beat up by all of the young kids that buying them, the ride is rather harsh, and car will be dropping even value even more now that the EVO X is out. Also the car is not nearly as cool as the Z06 (EVo's are very common cars)

The Down side of the Z06 is cheap GM interior, Car tends to rattle (even low mileage Z06), Expensive to upgrade, looking at 25-30K for a Z06 in decent shape/mileage, Trans is rather expensive to replace (Brother kept insisting I stay it), if you don't properly jack the car up you can twist/crack the fiber glass body panels, Plenty of little electical problems.

I'm sure which ever car you pick you'll be very happy with.

for shits and giggles i decided to throw an 03 cobra in the mix. i am seeing them for low 20s with 30k miles

Throw a pulley, exhaust, chip, K&N and a set of drag radials and you have a nice low 11sec, 500hp pump gas car. Down side is you may want to consider an aftermarket girdle after that since the block is know for flexing.

I think you'll enjoy any of the following cars.

The Z06 is the sexist sounding car i've ever herd. Way better then any fart canned POS 4 banger.

The 03-04 Cobras are sweet also. I've seen alot of Vette's lose to them. But then again, most Vette owners can't drive for shit. They just buy them to look cool.

no way will a stock corvette runs 11's but i would get the vette , the evos dont last long people get rid of them around 80,000 miles DSM suck ass, get the vette and supercharge it vortech supercharger

You may want do a little research.

There have been quite a few C5 "Z06" Corvettes that have dipped into the 11's (We are obviously not talking about the Standard C5 Corvette with the LS1 motor) on stock tires, and even more that were running on DR's.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1549325

Now many of C6 Z06 have run low 11's in stock form and some have dipped into the 10's.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1794944

Onto the EVO sucking ass. I'll once again have to disagree with you. I personally know quite a few EVO owners putting down 500+ HP on pump gas, Stock ECU, with just bolt ons and being daily driven, EVO's making 900+hp with Built motors running low 9's high 8's on the stock driveline (a couple guys still doing it on the original rear, and transfer case).

On another note an EVO is not a DSM. DSMs were only the Eclipse, Talon, Laser, Stealth, 3000GT (the rest are Mitsu's). I'll also point out that have personally made 500hp on a stock internal Long block made 100's of low 11sec passes, seen EGT temps in the 1400degree C, ran 35+psi on Pump gas and still was unable to get the motor to pop on my old Talon (Did this for quite a few years before pulling the motor out to build it).

I'll also point out that the 80K mile EVO's seem to be in much better shape than the 80K mile C5's I've seen.