Tranny Mods

mawcusb

I talked to WCR maby 2 weeks ago. They said they were going to start putting bearings on the end of the shift drum for smoother shifting. Not sure what the price was for that extra mod. They also talked about some new shift forks with bearings that will be avabile sometime next month. You could also get one of the pro shift kits from Cascade, since they will not cut a override with a modfied shift star.

I had a duneable override with the pro shift kit,:mad: I could not see how they could make a smother shifting tranny.

Edited by moneybags

I talked to WCR maby 2 weeks ago. They said they were going to start putting bearings on the end of the shift drum for smoother shifting. Not sure what the price was for that extra mod. They also talked about some new shift forks with bearings that will be avabile sometime next month. You could also get one of the pro shift kits from Cascade, since they will not cut a override with a modfied shift star.

I had a duneable override with the pro shift kit,:mad: I could not see how they could make a smother shifting tranny.

I put bearings on my shift drum and on the shift shaft. Also every other dog is removed on the gears with 6 dogs. I think I have the bearing numbers written down at home. It really makes it shift nicely. I can usually run up through all 6 gears and back down with out the tranny in motion.

I don't know how much that would help in shifting while under load, but it is sure an great improvement over stock.

SP

I put bearings on my shift drum and on the shift shaft. Also every other dog is removed on the gears with 6 dogs. I think I have the bearing numbers written down at home. It really makes it shift nicely. I can usually run up through all 6 gears and back down with out the tranny in motion.

I don't know how much that would help in shifting while under load, but it is sure an great improvement over stock.

SP

Yeah I tried to do a drag style takeoff and she wouldn't shift for crap! I'd have to let off the throttle for probably 1 whole second to shift, and I'm already fixin to drop about $2000, trying to avoud that extra 350 bucks if I can help it...Not trying to be the fastest just whoop up on all the fast 4 pokes..

Yeah I tried to do a drag style takeoff and she wouldn't shift for crap! I'd have to let off the throttle for probably 1 whole second to shift, and I'm already fixin to drop about $2000, trying to avoud that extra 350 bucks if I can help it...Not trying to be the fastest just whoop up on all the fast 4 pokes..

i am assuming you do not have an override trans with your 10mm?

i have not had any trouble shifting my 1-5 dunable under full throttle.

whats another 350 when you have already spent 2g's?

just my opinion but after riding mine with the override, its hard for

me to go back to a riding with the stock trans.