do you like your truck lifed or dropped?

bansheeNEB340

do you like your truck lifted or dropped?!  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chop it and drop it i have a s10 thats slammed with 17 and it gets noticed more than the 500 that have 400000$ in lifting theres to the sky then they never even take them in the mud or even a dirt road,what is the fucking use of a lifted truck if you dont use the damn thing dont get me wrong i am in the making of a bad old chevy 4x4 but its gona hit the mud and hit it hard but there is nothing better to pimp the lady's than being in a lowrider

"who ever said it was hard to pick up women never drove a lowrider"

Wierd. Must be an odd part of the country. Around here, my truck catches the eyes of about EVERYONE that drives by it. I drove my buddies bagged and notched S-10, shaved handles, suicide doors, frenched cadillac lights, welded gate and all that jazz. i didn't catch 1/2 as many eyes as I do in my truck. I take my truck anywhere I want to go, mud, anything. It is not a trailer queen. I have showed it, I still do, but that doesn't stop me from wheelin'. It's one of my favorite things to do.....

P8ntballer, yep, it is my truck, and will most likely be with me at the dunes provided I can get my new gears in the front axle.

I'd like to lift mine if it wouldn't cost $1000+ just to do it. Stupid A-Arms up front...I wish I had straight axle

For around a grand, you can exchange those pukey a-arms to nice solid axle, of your choice, just go find one.

I'm adding another 3 inches to my current 3 inch lift on my '01 F350. Total cost per axle = $49.00. Oh, and its all suspension, no crappy blocks.

Hey Boonman, is that a 6" lift or are you incredibly short? J/K It looks like your up in the air damn near 2 feet? Out here if you go +6 the UHP will pull you over and give you the rubber glove treatment. They start by measuring bumper height, head light height, check for mud flaps, and frame height from the lowest stock point. My buddy that has a drop kit gets hassled all the time. 3" from the pavement is the drop rule, not sure about the lift law. :roll:

"Wierd. Must be an odd part of the country. Around here, my truck catches the eyes of about EVERYONE that drives by it. I drove my buddies bagged and notched S-10, shaved handles, suicide doors, frenched cadillac lights, welded gate and all that jazz. i didn't catch 1/2 as many eyes as I do in my truck. I take my truck anywhere I want to go, mud, anything. It is not a trailer queen. I have showed it, I still do, but that doesn't stop me from wheelin'. It's one of my favorite things to do....."

Well i dont live in the city and every tom dick and harry here have big ol trucks, so when one comes in town scraping metal it gets noticed pretty quick, now i know if i go to the city its a dime a dozen but in my little town its the shinezal dizal, but your truck is pretty sweet although i am not a big dodge fan (chevy till i die)

I'd like to lift mine if it wouldn't cost $1000+ just to do it. Stupid A-Arms up front...I wish I had straight axle

For around a grand, you can exchange those pukey a-arms to nice solid axle, of your choice, just go find one.

I'm adding another 3 inches to my current 3 inch lift on my '01 F350. Total cost per axle = $49.00. Oh, and its all suspension, no crappy blocks.

is that $49 price with new u-bolts???? I can get custom leafs made for about $45 a piece my cost. u-bolts are $35 a set. Just curious......... And you cannot properly swap IFS for an axle for under a grand. Or even close to a grand. there is driveshafts to be made, bracketry, steering box and reinforcing the frame around the box. Crossover steering. Leafs. A good axle will run you about $300 from the boneyard, then you have to re-gasket everything, put the right gears in it, new u-joints, ball joints and check the hubs. And if not done with some know-how, you will dog track it. I have done a few solid axle swaps, and they are not for the mechanically challenged....... Just a FYI for anyone thinking of doing this.............. :D

Hey Boonman, is that a 6" lift or are you incredibly short? J/K It looks like your up in the air damn near 2 feet? Out here if you go +6 the UHP will pull you over and give you the rubber glove treatment. They start by measuring bumper height, head light height, check for mud flaps, and frame height from the lowest stock point. My buddy that has a drop kit gets hassled all the time. 3" from the pavement is the drop rule, not sure about the lift law.  :roll:

Actually, it's up at 18" right now. I'm 6'1", and standing on the 44" tire. LOL. I do get hassled once in awhile, i have never been ticketed with it though. here in NY, we have a headlight height limit, tailight limit, and turn signal limit. We also have a bumper height law, which I believe is 30". They were in the process of changing it recently. Lowriders have no law except that if they blow a tire, nothing can be able to touch the ground. (it is a varied type of measurement). It basically goes by the lowest point on the truck, and what height is on your sidewalll. Mudflaps are necessary, and need to cover at least 2/3 of the tire. No biggie because about 60% of the trucks on the road do not abide by this law. BTW, my truck is completely illegal, abiding only by a whisker on the tailight law is about the only thing that is not illegal. My headlights,

are really high, and my bumpers, well, we'll not go there... :roll: mudflaps?? I have a receiver with flaps that suffices if I ever get ticketed. We'll see how it goes. It may be making it's maiden voyage to the Dunes Mem. weekend. it will be fun. And don't get me wrong guys, I like lowriders. I have bagged a couple of them. They are neat and I used to drive a slammed car. but right now, I want a large truck. maybe next year i will slam a dually for myself. I love the way them things look dropped!!! :shock: