ATVs registered for street use

blanco

Hey, i was wondering how many utah guys we have here cause i seem to be running to a dead end with DMV over that new law thay just passed for ATVs registered for street use. I want to know what i have to do or put on my bike to make it street legal for october first when the law takes effect thanks guys

I'm not 100% positive, but I'd assume it would follow the DOT regs for motorcycles. You would have to have head lights, tail/brake light, turn signals, horn, mirrors, DOT approved tires/wheels and heard that they have to have a parking brake. Might be something worth looking into, if you find out any more info let me know.

Is this street use or rural road use? check to see if it's for the whole state or on the county level? Bmv is as useful as getting financial advice from a burger flipper if utah is anything like indiana. May want to check up with some local riding groups or shops.

Edited by 2smokefan

just out of curiosity how many ut guys we have here post what you ride and where, :beer:

i live in syracuse i ride a 97 shee with some extras and i usually go to farmington canyon cause its close or horseshoe springs for a little dirt and sand this is my first banshee i come from riding bikes but i sold mine to get a banshee

Mines in my sig, my wife has an 03' with yellow 06' plastics, black CPI's, Wildcard Racing (Noss) coolhead and pod filters (soon to be rebuilt with all the goodies)

We ride at Little Sahara (UT) mostly, but get up the canyons around our house quite often as well.

I know Frogger, Face and Zingernation are all members on here and local to you.

06 yellow SE completely stock is what im rolling now. and have a 06 Polaris Trailblazer 250 2 stroke for the wifey, completely stock also. we are remodeling our entire house so mods are in the distance for us. We mostly ride LS, dell in the winter when i havent rode for a while. Im getting more and more away from the mountain riding. will go up to monte cristo and indian canyon in duchesne and ride some trails in the summer when its too hot for the dunes, and to look for deer in the fall.

mountain riding gets old when you gotta clean your bike, with sand all you gotta do is rinse.

I live out in magna, take toole way out to LS, flat drive, 2 hours, and no hills, only takes a tank to get there and back.

where did you hear about this street legal shit? i know in some counties they dont mind like down along the piute trail. but i havent heard anything about a state wide thing.

Dont get your hopes up. The city has to have a population of less than 7500 people, and speed under 45 mph. So there letting you ride in towns that pretty much permit atv on the roads anyway.

thanks for the info and yeah i did have my hopes up . . . .being sent to buy a gallon of milk in the banshee would have been pretty fun :biggrin:

its cool to see every body posting what they ride. in the future we should do a club ride :beer:

Here in South Dakota, to "street legal" an atv, I had to sign and affidavit with a few things on it like: horn, brake light, mirror, speedo, headlights, tail lights, license plate light, exhuast and at least a 200cc engine. Not sure on your specific state

Here in South Dakota, to "street legal" an atv, I had to sign and affidavit with a few things on it like: horn, brake light, mirror, speedo, headlights, tail lights, license plate light, exhuast and at least a 200cc engine. Not sure on your specific state

so are you able to ride down town or just back roads. . . .

The wifes Kodiak is licensed in Idaho for street use.....

Pretty much the same deal, headlights, mirrors, horn, tailight, not sure of how you can use it on the streets though. Farm roads in Idaho go for miles.......