ATV SHOOTOUT !

907banshee

This has been gone over more than oj's trial man, theres pro's and con's to both...4-stroke powerplants bore me, i prefer the powerband of my shee's anyday of that baaaaaaa baaaaa baaaaa-rev limiter baaaaa baaaa BLAH, i wouldnt trade my blaster for a 450, dont care how ergo friendly they are, just doesnt do it for me :down:

Being that you posted your question in the sand forum....I'll go Banshee any day.

MX would have a different result.....

And for the record, since MotoGP has gone with 4-poke bikes, I haven't been to Laguna Seca!! I used to ride an RG500 (the Yamaha didn't compare to the Suz..sorry!!) as well as 2 RZ350's in the 90's. Went through 5 RD's an H2, H1 when I was a kid and have recently started searching for a clean Aprilla RS250 with plates.

Not to mention all the dirt bikes......

Basically, I hate 4 strokes......I blame the EPA for the 4-Ps.

I don't see why we can't have a modern high output Banshee from Yamaha when China and the rest of the 3rd world are such gross polluters.

Like we make an impact.......

Imagine a modern suspended and framed Banshee with 2 YZ250 PV cylinders on the motor.....my dream motor!! :thumbsup:

Guess my Red Bull hasn't worn off yet. :whistling:

I love these topics.

I will probably catch a little crap for this but.......

I have owned both, will continue to buy both.

My yfz 450 is the bike i ride at the cinders, mx track, even the dunes. I dont ever break anything, its got electric start, i can use pump gas on long rides (crown king).

My banshee is a hill monster and can smoke 98% of the four strokes. BUT...... I need to work on it a bunch. And its only used at the dunes.

I know that you can work on the banshee and fix it for the type of riding you do, but if you take a stock banshee vs a stock 450 from any manufacture it will get destroyed at an mx track and majority of the trail races.

Fire away boys!

I love these topics.

I will probably catch a little crap for this but.......

I have owned both, will continue to buy both.

My yfz 450 is the bike i ride at the cinders, mx track, even the dunes. I dont ever break anything, its got electric start, i can use pump gas on long rides (crown king).

My banshee is a hill monster and can smoke 98% of the four strokes. BUT...... I need to work on it a bunch. And its only used at the dunes.

I know that you can work on the banshee and fix it for the type of riding you do, but if you take a stock banshee vs a stock 450 from any manufacture it will get destroyed at an mx track and majority of the trail races.

Fire away boys!

na wont be firing.. i think that a fair call man! your not dissin the banshee ur just stating solid facts coz u ride both!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Alot of my friends keep asking me when i am going to get rid of my Shee and get a 4 stroke,, Im not getting rid of it anytime soon , but some day i might buy a 4 stoke--- SOMEDAY ?????? BANSHEE'S STILL RULE THE DUNE'S

Here in Idaho we have a bunch of guys that build some wicked fast 4 strokes. There name is Hansen Performance and there is also another in Utah(KBR). These guys have fast four strokes, fast as I have seen. They are nothing like a built Banshee but if I was ever to own a four stroke, I would have these guys do the work, and thats the only way I would ever own a four stroke.

At the dunes I've raced and rode all three. I can say without a doubt that if all of the quads were stock the race would end like this...

yfz 450

450r

banshee

But if the banshee is modded (pipes port ect like mine) the race would look something like this, since this is how it turned out for us.

Banshee (by far)

yfz 450

450r

While the 450s are good duners, it takes alot of money to make them racing machines. As opposed to the banshee which takes minimal money and but lots of patience. As far as which 450 is better, without a doubt the yamaha, its faster and better riding.