03 LE Frame Color?

zabobmx

I just bought a 03 banshee LE and after riding everyday over the holidays, im taking it apart and cleaning it up-not that it was all that bad but you know. Anyways I have lurked on these forums and have begun using many of your tips on cleaning up the shee. My question is, what color is the frame on the 03 LE? At first I thought it was a flat black but after lightly sanding w/ 2000 grit and polishing, it looks as if it is a dark grey metallic color. I was planning on re-spraying the front bumber, a-arms,and other pieces black but now I don't know that it will look so good. I want everything to match and look good. Anyone know of any spray paint that matches that color pretty good? If not I can just pc all the pieces but need to know the color. I was thinking of pc-ing the swinger black too, but now I am thinking about just redoing it silver. TIA

Edited by zabobmx

I too would like to know what color the 03 LE frame is

I have also that bike,, and I just ordered some Leager A arms, and had em powered coated Gloss black,,,, hope it look ok with the frame

but when it comes time to re do the frame,, i would like the same color

anybody know what freakin color it is??????

Edited by helldriver

I worked on the bike on and off all day today and progressively went further and further. The frame paint was pretty bad so I decided I would just pull it all apart and get in re coated. I am thinking about doing the frame yellow with black swinger and a-arms. Anyone got any pics. of an 03' LE with yellow frame?

• 2 weeks later...
I worked on the bike on and off all day today and progressively went further and further. The frame paint was pretty bad so I decided I would just pull it all apart and get in re coated. I am thinking about doing the frame yellow with black swinger and a-arms. Anyone got any pics. of an 03' LE with yellow frame?

452451[/snapback]

i am doing same scheme as we speak. it wont be together for a month or so. im actually waiting for a sample color yellow from his distributors cause neither me or him thought the twenty yellows he had would match th 03's yellow front plastic close enough to where it didn't look cheesy. i may end up paying for special powder. ill let u know

:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been a few weeks since I have posted an update. I ended up painting the frame, bumber and a-arms black. I used a black base coat/clearcoat I picked up from the English Color where I get all my automotive paints. No way was I going to spray paint the frame and accessories. The paint looks deep and wet. I also got my swinger powdercoated since it will see more abuse with rocks etc. Anyways the bike looks brand new and I'm stoked. In all I got $40 in the paint and it is worth every penny. I think I am going to get some thick clear sticker material to protect where my legs will rub and on the front a-arms where paint gets rubbed off easily. I am going to locate some of the material people put on the tanks of sport bikes to protect the tank paint. I will post some pics once I take some. Well worth the money spent.