New Banshee trans fluid grey milky ?just old ?

Hello just purchased a banshee. Looks brand new rides and starts great. The previous owner told me to change all the fluids because they’ve been sitting a while. Changed the trans fluid And it was a gray milky color with tinges of regular oil color. At first I wasn’t alarmed because I’ve changeD the oil on old thumpers and Have gotten all kinds of colors. But after doing some research I was thinking it could be coolant ...is this something I should worry about ....totally new to the banshee thanks 

28 minutes ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

Change it, run it, but keep a close eye on it.

Probably water pump seals but could just be condensation.

You'll be able to tell real fast with fresh oil.

I already changed it ....are the water pump seals a big/easy job 

2 hours ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

Fairly simple, best to do the bearing, seals and impeller, and even the drive gear, then you know it's all new and good to go for a long time.

Thank you ...I’m a thumper dirtbike guy ...my family is switching to atvs ...so I got one of these because I’ve already ridden plenty of boring 4 strokes ....I’m just in the process off changing all the fluids before it’s first official ride ...I’ll keep a eye on the fluid color ....also what mix do you guys run ...was told this atv is 40 to 1 ...I run my daughter lt80 at 32 1...is that a okay ratio for the shee

If you're gonna change the fuel mix, plan on rejetting. It *will* affect the jetting. Try to find out from the previous owner what he was mixing. Then check your jetting anyway.

If you already have a vehicle that runs 32:1, that's your best choice. Keep your life simple. I've never heard any real good arguments for going to 40:1. Also if your airtemp goes below freezing in the winter, use semi synth oil so it doesn't separate out in cold weather. I use Maxima Super M, but any modern 2 stroke blend will likely be fine.

Some good videos on YT for rebuilding your water pump. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk