Budget shock/arm setup

atvfreestylekid

On 3/20/2019 at 8:54 PM, sheerider11 said:

Then that is an even worse reason.
You should be more about setting it up correctly and working properly.
Not tight binding steering and F'd up geometry.
You say you dont like how low it is, but you'll keep it because the steering is tight.
There is no logic there.
Steering stabilizer, proper shocks, proper arms. That seems like logic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Sorry if I came off sounding like an ass. Work was extremely rough yesterday. Anyways, i see your point. But the stiff steering does help a lot during hard acceleration. Because I have to lean forward and tighten up my back like crazy to keep from pulling back on the left side of the handlebars. Then when I shift, I’m still kinda leaning forward with some pressure pushing forward now. It’s a pain in the ass to say the least. I have a 450r with long travel and PEP shocks and it handles beautifully. But since it’s so easy to steer, the problem I mentioned above is actually worse. Even with the smooth 4-choke powerband and way less power. It’s really hard to explain. 

Sorry if I came off sounding like an ass. Work was extremely rough yesterday. Anyways, i see your point. But the stiff steering does help a lot during hard acceleration. Because I have to lean forward and tighten up my back like crazy to keep from pulling back on the left side of the handlebars. Then when I shift, I’m still kinda leaning forward with some pressure pushing forward now. It’s a pain in the ass to say the least. I have a 450r with long travel and PEP shocks and it handles beautifully. But since it’s so easy to steer, the problem I mentioned above is actually worse. Even with the smooth 4-choke powerband and way less power. It’s really hard to explain. 
Have you looked at the precision stabilizers? If I crank both sides in it's really hard to turn. Also you can set the inside softer then the out side to avoid having to counter steer. Or the inside harder to keep it straight.
Its easily the best stabilizer for the yfz.

Never heard ot them before. I’ll have to check em out. I always heard that stabilizers have to be rebuilt or replaced all the time so I never really looked into any of them. 
No not really.
Precision has 2 knobs. One to control inside correction steering. Another to control wide out side steering.
So I run it loose on the inside and pretty tight on the out side it helps the bike from coming around in turns.
With both turned in all the way, its almost impossible to turn the bars.

12 hours ago, atvfreestylekid said:

Dang, sure wasn't wanting to see that $600 price tag. Fucking sucks I'm having to spend all this money on shit to modify my bikes just so I can ride them again. Oh well, comes with the territory I guess.

All I've heard on the subject is they won't make a stabilizer for the banshee(precision) if you manage to get them to change their mind let everyone know. That or contact people to make a custom bracket to mount on a banshee. Sucks they make em for blasters and a whole ton of utilities and crap.

you could be the guinea pig and try this kit. I have never been able to find much info about it being installed on a banshee and also not sure if the GPR offers adjustments for the inside/outside damping separately like a Precision unit. These GPR V1s go for pretty cheap used on ebay, if only we could get someone to make a proper mount bracket for them. 

http://www.hsdracing.com/Yamaha-Banshee-GPR-Steering-Std-Low-Boy-Damper-Blk-Prodview.html

1 hour ago, dano3 said:

you could be the guinea pig and try this kit. I have never been able to find much info about it being installed on a banshee and also not sure if the GPR offers adjustments for the inside/outside damping separately like a Precision unit. These GPR V1s go for pretty cheap used on ebay, if only we could get someone to make a proper mount bracket for them. 

http://www.hsdracing.com/Yamaha-Banshee-GPR-Steering-Std-Low-Boy-Damper-Blk-Prodview.html

Duncan racing used to run those on their Pont De Vaux banshee's, not sure what they used currently but in their day that was the setup. Came in red/blue or black anno